Our free Chiltern Railways app helps make journey planning, accessing the latest travel information and buying your tickets even easier.
It’s simple and secure to purchase your Chiltern Railways e-ticket through the app, download to your phone and use for your next journey. And if you’re planning to travel on another UK rail network, you can buy your ticket on the Chiltern app too. Just purchase the same way and print a paper ticket at your preferred station.
And when you buy train tickets through our app, we’ll never charge you a credit card, debit card or booking fee. So, it’s goodbye pesky queues at the ticket office. And hello cheapest Chiltern fares around!
Download and register the Chiltern Railways app to:
- Always find the cheapest fares available in your search results
- Get an instant e-ticket for many Chiltern Railway journeys, saving time at stations
- Enjoy fee-free fares. You won’t ever pay credit card, debit card or booking fees when you book direct from Chiltern
- Group save bookings for three or more customers can be purchased via the app
- Quickly find your recent journeys in our new My Account section, where your details are securely maintained in the app for quick and easy repurchasing
- Get up-to-the-minute updates on your train status with live departure boards and platform numbers
- Purchase tickets for any UK train journey and collect them at your chosen station with a self-service ticket machine.
Getting your ticket
E-tickets may look like a humble barcode but when they’re stored in your app’s Booking section, they become the quick and easy way to travel – you can even use them if your smartphone is offline.
Picking up tickets from a ticket machine
If you plan to pick up your tickets from a ticket machine, you'll need your reference numbers which are stored in the bookings section to view at any time.
Using your Smartcard
Request a new Smartcard through the app when making your next ticket purchase. We will then send you your Smartcard in the post. You may then load the ticket onto your Smartcard at the gate.
Flexi Season tickets are now available to buy.
You can now buy Flexi Seasons tickets. If you are looking at more flexible working patterns then a Flexi Season ticket could be for you.
The Flexi Season ticket offers 8 days of travel in 28 days – any time between two stations. Can be used for travel from June 28.
Commute, your way.
You can also now use your phone to load tickets onto your smartcard. These could be Season tickets, Flexi tickets or any other ticket.
You just need a registered smartcard and the Chiltern app.
This update also includes the How Busy Is My Train? indicators in the ticket buying process. This information is already available in the Live Trains section of this app.
Other bug fixes and performance improvements have also been addressed in this update.
Ratings and Reviews
The bits that work are good.
Really not good. Would be good if it worked but some bits just don’t actually work. Easier to book on the website but then use the app for the tickets - that bit is really good.
Works when it loads.
Fails to load 2 out of 3 tries, reliably. Bit of a pain if you're in a hurry. Otherwise it gets the job done.
Downloaded the app. Will not load. Get an ‘error’. That’s all the information it gives. Sad.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Chiltern Railways Company Limited
- 44.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Arriva UK Trains 2021
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.