Chimani is your guide to over 1,500+ National Parks, National Forests, Wildlife Refuges, National Monuments, and state parks throughout the country. Easily discover the nearest parks wherever you.
Record your visits, unlock special "verified" badges, and earn points for each park visit. Keep track of all your previous and future park trips. Find the best parks with our trip planning tool.
Whether you're first time visitor to a national park or a seasoned traveler, Chimani will help you get the most out of your national park adventures.
EXPLORE 1,500+ NATIONAL PARKS, FORESTS, WILDLIFE REFUGES, AND STATE PARKS
• Discover parks with our curated description and topographic map
• Browse photos of each park
• Locate the nearest park during your road trip
UNLOCK VIRTUAL BADGES ONLY AVAILABLE VISITING A PARK
• Check-in while visiting a park and earn a special badge
• Chimani will verify your location and unlock a Verified badge
• Earned more points and level-up faster
RECORD ALL YOUR PARK VISITS
• Record the exact date of each previous visit to a park
• Easily view all your previous and verified visits in your Profile
• Earned points for each visit
PLAN YOUR NEXT TRIP
• Use our trip planning tool to find the best parks for you
• Input your preferences and easily locate the least visited or most popular parks
• Save your recommendations for future trips
GET MORE WITH CHIMANI PERKS
• Access 64 detailed park guides for the most visited national parks in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom
• Each guide is written by local travel writers and includes detailed information on activities, facilities and historical facts
• Easily access local sunrise and sunset times, high and low tides, and park-related shuttle bus schedules
• Audio tours for eight of the most popular parks
• Download offline maps - know your exact GPS location as you navigate throughout the national parks.
• Access over $2,500 in savings on national park-related businesses such as inns, whitewater rafting, coffee stops, private campgrounds
• Unlock more virtual badges and earn more points
Chimani Perks is available as an annual subscription for $29.99/year, or you can get a Lifetime membership via a one-time payment of $99.99. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period (the Lifetime membership does not auto-renew). Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
We love hearing from users! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get a "wicked fast" response!
Terms of Service: https://www.chimani.com/termsofservice.html
Our first state-wide outdoor recreation and travel guide is now available - for Maine! Get details on every national & state park, and nature preserve in Maine. Recommendations on hiking, nature walks, scenic byways, beaches, public coastal access points, birding, swimming holes, lighthouses, and much more! Search for "Chimani Maine" or go to the Maine state parks section.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve been using this app for many years and find it incredibly useful! There are a few little things that have been identified in other reviews, so I’m not going to repeat them. This app is well worth having and using if you frequent the National Parks - especially if you hike into the parks, beyond the parking lots and congestion. I spend a lot of time on remote trails, and some not so remote. There have been several times this app helped me find my way back after a long day on a confusing trail system. I always carry a paper map (as a backup), but there’s nothing like being able to view your location on a downloaded map of the trail system! Btw, I even carry a small solar panel to charge my phone.
As with most apps, you MUST use it and familiarize yourself with it to fully benefit from its many features.
Need a toggle for state parks
Update: Chimani support was great after emailing them. They directed me to the area to find what I was looking for. The original map with only the 419 parks still exists, but has moved to a different area. 5 stars!
It would be nice if there was a way to toggle on and off the state parks on the map that were recently added. With the addition of these new state park markers to the map, it is now impossible to be able to see only the national parks that I have left to visit. It has caused the map to become extremely cluttered. Can there be a preference to toggle the state parks on/off for those people who are trying to focus solely on the 419 units of the National Park Service?
Developer Response ,
The way to only view national parks on the map is to click on the map icon while within the “National Parks” - which will display just the national park units. If you wish to view just the National Battlefields, for example, you can go one level down and click on the same map icon. Please email email@example.com and we’re happy to assist further.
It’s not my repertoire
It’s not my repertoire to give thanks and praise for good service that I expect and deserve. But in the case of Chimani I will make an exception; their service and communication is without fault, almost instantaneous; the information provided in accurate and up to date, the app the most useful of all, nothing comes even close. The yearly membership was given too me as a gift, a gift that keeps giving and giving. If your a US traveler, purchasing this app with all the benefits, services and discounts it provides is a decision you will never regret. Money well spent and wisely. Ralph, NJ, USA
- Chimani, Inc.
- 201.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Chimani, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual subscription $29.99
- Chimani lifetime access $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.