Chime is mobile and online banking with no hidden fees: get your paycheck up to 2 days early* with direct deposit, have fee-free overdraft when you’re in a pinch, grow your savings automatically, and manage your finances like a boss using the highly-rated Chime mobile banking app.
When you bank with Chime, you get a Visa® Debit Card, a Spending Account, and an optional Savings Account to help you save money.
Applying for an account is free, takes less than 2 minutes and it won’t affect your credit score!
Here’s what our members love most about Chime:
• Get your paycheck up to 2 days early* with direct deposit
• Fee-free overdraft.** We’ll spot you on debit card purchases with no overdraft fees.
• No hidden fees: no monthly fees, no overdraft fees, no foreign transaction fees, no minimum balance requirements
• Over 38,000 fee-free ATMs with Moneypass and Visa Plus Alliance
• Real-time transaction notifications
• Daily balance alerts
• Block your card instantly in-app
• Grow your savings automatically with our Savings Account
• Send money instantly with Pay Friends to other Chime members.
• Deposit checks using Mobile Check Deposit for eligible members.^
• Apple Pay™ / Google Pay™ for when you forget your wallet
• Move money between your other bank accounts
• EMV chip card security
• Friendly and responsive customer support
With the Chime mobile banking app, you can stay in control of your money. Track your spending, link your other bank accounts, and save money.
How to switch banks:
• Step 1: Open Your Account: Download the app and sign up. Once approved, we’ll send you your Chime card within two weeks!
• Step 2: Fund Your Account: Set up a direct deposit with your employer or payer to have funds deposited to your Chime account every payday. You can also connect other bank accounts and transfer funds from your existing bank account.
• Step 3: Update Bill Payments: Activate your card when it arrives, add it to Apple Pay, and set up recurring bill payments with your Chime card number or with your Chime Spending Account and routing numbers.
For more information please visit www.chime.com.
Banking services provided by, and debit card issued by, The Bancorp Bank, or Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Debit card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
*Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of payer’s submission of deposits. We generally post such deposits on the day they are received which may be up to 2 days earlier than the payer’s scheduled payment date.
**Chime SpotMe is an optional, no fee service that requires that you receive $500 in direct deposit a month to qualify to overdraw your account up to $20 on debit card purchases. Chime, in its sole discretion, may allow you to withdraw your account up to $100 or more based on your Chime Account history, direct deposit history and amount, spending activity and other risk-based factors. Your Limit will be displayed to you within the Chime mobile app. You will receive notice of any changes to your Limit. Your Limit may be increased or lowered at any time by Chime.
^Not all new or existing customers are eligible to use Mobile Deposit. There are qualifications and enrollment requirements for participation in Mobile Deposit, and we reserve the right to change the qualification and enrollment requirements in our sole discretion at any time without prior notice. We may require you to upload a picture of your driver’s license or other identifying documents prior to using Mobile Deposit. Eligibility requirements can be found online after you have signed into your Spending Account.
Happy February, Chime fam, we're sending some love your way! ...in the form of bug fixes and lines of code. Everyone loves that, right?
* There was a bug that tried to crash the app if it didn't like some of your friends in your contacts list. We kicked that bug out of there because we value every single one of your friends. If you previously had trouble opening the app, please try again!
* Once in a while, newly-enrolled users would get stuck on the success screen and not be able to view their account. That's like us sending you a "Do you like me? Yes/No" note and then gluing our mailbox shut :'( We cleared up that glue so you can get in now.
* We replaced most of our old buttons with some new buttons. They look the same, but taste sweeter. Trust us.
* Please don't attempt to actually taste your Chime app. There's a layer of glass in the way.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very happy customer! Even though there is no stand-alone bank, I have had an excellent experience with Chime. 1) I like getting paid early 2) No overdraft fees, love the Spotme feature 3) Ease of use 4) I love that I view my card in the app, it sounds lazy, but I’m tired of pulling out my card every time I want to buy something online (lol). 5) I love that my mom and I both got $50 when she referred me to sign up for an account. What an awesome referral program for everyone. 6) You can turn your debit card transactions on/off with the click of an app. (I forget to turn it back on sometimes! I’ve embarrassed myself at a store a time or two.)
Also, there are many ATM locations near me that are free of charge. I like that I can “round-up” to save if I’d like, or set 10% of my direct deposit aside. Chime has been compatible with PayPal and Apple Pay to send money to people. With that being said, I use cash at most restaurants / gas stations / stores, I don’t like my card number being out there. I had debit card fraud with my old bank account. I have not had that incident happen with chime and I hope that it never does.
Not revenant to the app or bank- but cashiers at the store always say the card is a cute color lol.
I wouldn't give chime a 5 star rating because they're are a few issues that needs to be addressed and think bank would be perfect
There is a problem with the dispute process as a bank and having a visa debit card the consumer should be backed by visas zero liability on any unauthorized/fraudulent transaction we live in the digital age it happens🤷🏼♂️ Another thing Direct deposit shouldn't be the only funding method that is honored other factors like how long someone has been a customer and what theyre balance is at the beginning of every month to be eligible for all chimes features like check deposits and spot me. Chime is in the position to change the way we all bank so addressing these issues would be in the institutions best interest last but not least chime should offer a form of credit as in a secured card or a short term loan or a low balance credit card real people use chime and real people work and sometimes need a little extra spot me is good great work but a more traditional credit option would be better other than that chime is a very good way to go and i would advise anyone that is a average working american to at least use chime as a second bank option i use it as my primary banking option but it does lack traditional features like direct ach transfer blank checks cashier checks credit if chime fixes these issues everyone will have this bank trust me
Best decision I was forced to make!!
Unfortunately due to a career loss, having to start over and struggling financially for 3 years I had no other choice but to file bankruptcy. I was told by my legal counsel that the bank account I had would potentially freeze my limited funds because one of my credit cards was linked to my checking. They encouraged me to seek a new checking account so I could maintain what money I had. Because my credit was now poor, I was denied by two other banks a checking account. Most big banks now run your credit along with Check Systems to deem you a desirable customer. I researched my options and found Chime on a tech blog. I’m so very glad I found it! It is no frills checking and savings with a super simple app. It’s a traditional debit card in every sense. It’s Visa so you can use it virtually anywhere! Get cash back with groceries. Tons of ATM’s through money pass with NO fees! I know it may not be for everyone, but if you are sick of big banks and all their fees and tactics, I encourage you to give Chime a try. I’m very grateful to have an option like Chime. It saved me a lot of grief at a time when I’m already feeling insurmountable pressure.
- Chime Financial, Inc.
- 62.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Chime
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.