Chime Squirrel is a little but powerful app that helps you remember to do repetitive tasks throughout the day, change up your exercise routines, and make you more productive. Set the chime intervals to any length you need, set it run for however long you want, then push the app to the background to get your reminders at the interval times of your choosing.
One of the key features of Chime Squirrel is speed. It is designed to get you into the application and your chime quickly started so you can get back to your activities.
Chime Squirrel is different from the other alarm applications because its "alarm" doesn't require you to turn it off; it's a chime, like a clock. It gives you a quick chime(sound/alarm), then goes quietly back to sleep on it's own, counting nuts until the next interval completes.
• Variable interval chimes present a highly customizable chime that is not limited to a single interval length^. (1 variable chime is included free, upgrade to Pro for unlimited interval chimes)
• Special screen to quickly setup chimes.
• Multiple chime sounds^.
• Light and dark themes to fit your taste or your environment^.
• Quickly start chimes from the first screen that the app opens to.
• Special completion chimes so you know when you're done.
• Runs in the background.
• Graphical user interface when running the app in the foreground.
• Repeating interval sequences.
• It's universal!
^ Requires in-app upgrade.
• Use it as a Pomodoro timer or for other time-based productivity methods.
• Setup custom workouts with variable intervals.
• Chime on the hour to remind yourself to get up from your desk and stretch.
• In school? Setup a quick chime at 5 seconds and breeze through those flash cards!
• Just got lasik and your surgeon you putting those drop in your eyes all the time? Yeah, this will help you!
• _________ <-- Tweet me @chimesquirrel or use the Feedback button in the app to let me know how you are using Chime Squirrel.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Performance improvements.
If you enjoy using the app, please leave a review! :-)
Ratings and Reviews
Two tweaks to make it perfect
Love the app.
Having tried & paid for others, this is the best of the type I found. Excellent for keeping a fixed routine with a variable start time.
Two tweaks would make it perfect.
First, the notifications alert me of the chime just finished, rather than the chime just starting. Can't think when I would ever need to be told what I finished. An option to change this would be great, or announce both. "Now finished X. Starting Y." Currently, have to hack Chimes by adding a dummy item at the end of my routine and falsely shifting times one forward, so notifications show before the task. Of course, this messes up the actual app view when I have it open, which is rare. Please fix!
Second, having the option, as is done with other apps to have Siri or similar speak the chime title, would be awesome.
I guess it works - but not for #Deaf
I wanted something I could hear "right out of the box." I was looking for a repeating chime so as to remind me to step away from the computer, stand up, etc. I'm deaf in the high frequency tones and without hearing aids or earphones or holding my phone literally right in my ear all day, I can not hear the tone. I barely hear some of the three "triangle" tone pieces even with holding phone right inside my "good" ear. (I hear nothing in my bad ear.).
I did hear from the developer and he said I could test the other options by a complicated set of directions and I only today was able to go back and re-read and figure it out. I could hear a few of those samples, but they are all fairly quiet...AND I will have to pay extra to compensate for the deafness that is not "my fault" nor "his fault". So this is one I will delete for now, as I ended up buying a Westminster Chime app. But if someone really needs all the extra pomodoro reminder chimes, this would be a better app then the one I got (just 4 chimes an hour , 15 minutes each, and it chimes the hour at top of the hour.).
Favorite Repeating Timer
I had a task that needed to be repeated and I didn't want to keep setting the timer every time. I tried several timer apps and this one is my favorite. You can set up multiple timers and even save them to use again later. From a simple repeating timer to more complicated nested timers this will do what you need. For example, you can set up a Pomodoro session of 25 minute bursts and 5 minute breaks repeating four times or anything else you can imagine. I would love it if I could use custom ringtones. Otherwise, it works great and is very useful as a repeating timer.
The developer, Jernejcic, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Luke Jernejcic
- 19.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Luke Jernejcic
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade To Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.