Xiangqi brings you Chinese Chess like you've never seen it before! A unique traditional Chinese watercolour inspired look compliments this exciting, full-featured game.
A variety of difficulty levels make Xiangqi perfect both for beginners looking to learn how to play Chinese Chess and experts looking to keep their skills sharp. You can also share your screen and take on a human opponent. Pieces are automatically rotated for the ultimate convenience in head-to-head play.
Unfamiliar with the rules to this classic game?
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_chess
- advanced AI with positional play
- AI honors prohibitions against stalling tactics involving repeated positions
- original (optional) soundtrack and sound effects
- animated piece movement and special effects
- show available moves when pieces are touched
- indicate which pieces have no available moves, due to general safety or blocked movement
- multiple difficulty levels, from novice to expert
- custom setup: start board from any position
- choose Westernized or traditional Chinese pieces
- unlimited undo/redo with algebraic notation
- supports both tap and drag gestures
- automatic game save/restore
- chess clocks
- onscreen feedback for available/illegal moves
- automatically rotated pieces in head-to-head games
"with a pleasing soundtrack and a beautiful calligraphic style to the pieces and game board."-PocketGamer.co.uk
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
UI improvements. Now a universal app, with support for iPhone6/6+
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ok but stands some improvement
This game is ok for it's price. But it will be 10 times or 100 times better if it has smart hint function. Therefore Chinese chess learner has a chance to better his skill and not losing frequently. I don't think anyone enjoy losing.
Great for fans and newcomers
This is a really well done app. If you are new to Xiangqi there are multiple difficulty levels. If you don't know Chinese the option to play using easily understood symbols is a life saver. For learning the game offers a rewind button to make rethinking your moves a option instead of simply resetting the game. Well worth a buck!
Excellent for beginners
Fantastic. In addition to its beautiful design, the extensive move by move rewind accelerates learning from mistakes. The music is pleasant, and most importantly the continue feature is flawless, unlike some of the other xiangqi apps. Furthermore, it's never crashed on me. They even went so far as to flip the characters on all of the pieces between turns when you play with someone else face to face, so I can just set my phone on the table and it's like a real board. Seriously, the only way to improve on this app would be if they hosted a server for online play. But for a solitaire style computer approach or board game stand-in, this one's the way to go.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.