Language Mentor is a simple audio-centric language practice app, designed to allow busy people to study while doing other things - exercising, cleaning, etc. This creates language practice time out of thin air.
Features for Learners:
• "Mostly Audio" format creates language study time where none existed before
• Record/Playback allows learners to hear and perfect their pronunciation
• "I Know This" button allows learners to suppress sentences and phrases that they have mastered, and focus on the content that they haven't mastered
• Multiple learning modes for learning new content, translation practice, etc.
Language Mentor is an Open Platform:
• Anyone can create lessons for any language
• Lessons are published to "lesson libraries" which can be located anywhere on the Internet
• Individuals and institutions can create libraries and share them with the world
• Teachers can create libraries for their classes and for individual students
• Users decide which libraries they wish to use
• Language Mentor is a free and open platform. Lesson creators provide their library's URL to users, users add the library to Language Mentor, and Language Mentor starts downloading lessons. It's that simple. You don't pay us any fee, and there is no approval process.*
• Language Mentor maintains a list of recommended libraries. If you'd like us to consider recommending your library please contact us via LanguageCollaborative.com.
• Our lesson format allows authors to include "credits" information with their lessons. We encourage you to give credit to all contributors, including yourself.
• Creating lessons requires some geek skills. If you are comfortable with editing audio and using an FTP client, you should be able to learn the process fairly easily.
• Our website (LanguageCollaborative.com) provides detailed documentation of the lesson creation process. If you need further help, we're happy to provide it via the forums on the website.
If you're interested in creating and publishing lessons for Language Mentor, we suggest that you download the universal version of the app (simply search for "Language Mentor" on this App Store) and check out our website at LanguageCollaborative.com.
* We reserve the right to block libraries for any reason, including but not limited to content that is illegal, obscene, libelous, or hateful. On the other hand, we make no commitment to doing this. We support free speech. If you are concerned that we might block you content, we invite you to contact us at LanguageCollaborative.com for clarification before you start work on creating lessons.
Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
- Brightworks, Inc.
- 53.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright Brightworks 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.