Join thousands of student loan borrowers chipping away more than $200 million in student loans.
“Chipper is the only student loan app you’ll ever need." - Dan Macklin, SoFi Co-Founder and Chipper Board Member
“Chipper is the most exciting finance app of 2019.” - Jake Gibson, NerdWallet Co-Founder and Chipper Investor
Chipper is the easiest way to chip away your student debt. The average Chipper member is on pace to save over $6,400 and 2.5 years!
HOW IT WORKS
It's super simple. In 3 minutes you'll be on your way to being debt free years faster.
1) Link Your Accounts - Connect your student loans and cards you use to buy stuff every day.
2) Spend Like Normal - Go about your daily life and spend money like usual. We'll round up each transaction to the nearest dollar.
3) Watch Your Loans Disappear - Sit back and feel chipper as you watch your student loans get chipped away every week!
CHIP AWAY WITH FULL CONTROL
When you speak, we listen. Because of your feedback we’ve added some powerful features to give you full control and flexibility to chip away your debt at your own pace.
* Finally, manage all of your loans in one place and model out different repayment scenarios to see how much faster you can become debt free
* Chipper Pool - Essentially, a GoFundMe account for your student loans! You can invite the important people in your life to become your sidekicks in conquering student debt.
* Min / Max Feature - Be in full control of your round-ups by setting a minimum and maximum to ensure you stay within your budget
* Weekly Payments - At the end of each week we tally up your round-ups and send a payment to your highest interest loan
* Chipper Boost - Set up a recurring contribution every month to knock out your debt faster!
* Make one-time contributions whenever you get a little extra dough
* Skip Payments - easily skip upcoming payments whenever you like
$2 TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM
A silly low monthly fee to save you thousands of dollars and years on repayment. Not sure why you would, but cancel anytime.
Your peace of mind is our highest priority. We work with some of the world’s largest financial institutions to hold our security measures to the highest standards. We do not store your banking information on our servers, and we only access it when we need it.
For more information, please visit https://www.chipper.app
1-on-1 Student Loan Advice is now available!
Chipper has partnered with TISLA (The Institute of Student Loan Advisors) to bring our members free student loan advice from real experts directly from the app!
Student loans can be overwhelming and a bit confusing TBH, well not anymore! You can now get expert student loan advice at your fingertips! Stop the Google searches and going down the student loan black hole, learn what’s the best option for you and your loans with Chipper+TISLA!
Ratings and Reviews
I love the premise behind this app; round up payments from each transaction to help pay off debt. Works well but I miss the feature where it sends monthly payments rather than weekly. If it sends weekly, at least with my loan, I only goes to the interest and isn’t very helpful. They have some other options though that work well. They debit your account at the beginning of the month and you typically see it hit your loan by the 15th. The chat option has been super helpful as well. The online support has been very informative and while they were still working some bugs out of the system, they reached out to me to let me know that my payment source wasn’t connecting anymore. Overall a good idea to help make a little more progress on loans.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kailbill, thank you so much for love. We're working hard to make the app better and better every week and have some exciting features coming out soon.
I'd love to get your feedback/insight on monthly payments and few other features we're exploring. Shoot me an email (email@example.com) if you're up for chatting.
Not secure or compatible with my loan provider
I’d give this app a 0 if I could. TLDR; users cannot close their account by themselves and the app itself is not secure. Avoid like the plague.
After downloading and setting up the app several months ago, I was emailed that my loan provider had a glitch and payments would be delayed. NBD at the time. Months later, and I’m still not able to transfer funds to my loan provider.
Today, I navigated through the unintuitive UI to attempt to close my account. No option exists. I went into the support chat, and before closing, I was forced to go through a survey.
And then something weird happened: someone else was in my chat with the rep, typing as me and saying they didn’t wish their account to be closed! This happened twice! I’m still regret giving them any financial information. I’d suggest everyone delete their information and remove the app ASAP!
Beyond that, the UI is not at all intuitive. There’s hidden menus and bizarre interactions all over the place. UX nightmare all around.
Don’t waste your time
I had 2 successful payments the entire time I was using the app, all others “failed” for some reason. They refunded most of them but have been unresponsive the last week as I have tried to get the last few refunded as well. You’re much better off just making extra payments yourself as you see fit.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.