Chirp for Twitter is the best way to use Twitter on your Apple Watch.
You can browse your, timeline, lists, like and retweet things, and even post your own tweets.
Sent and view direct messages, catch up on the latest trends in "Trending", or search for your favourite hashtag.
Chirp lets you see quotes, pictures, hashtags, mentions, and so much more.
Hey! This is just a little bug-fix update
It fixes a bug where on iPhone SE devices you couldn't tap the button to buy Chirp Pro (whoops!).
It also aims to fix a bug where the app could crash on launch in some cases.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but odd bugs
I downloaded this app to have a quick way of replying to my followers while at work or on the go without having to pull out my phone. It's been working great for the most part but an getting some odd bugs. And have a suggestion.
Bugs: 1. Can't use flick keyboard when ever I try to type something I just get grey dots where the letters should be.
2. The app causes my watch to randomly vibrate and ding like I have a notification from chirp, but I don't when I swype my notification center down. No I'm not sure if there's actual notifications for chirp when you get a notification from Twitter or what.
Suggestions: 1. Possibly adding a settings menu for the iPhone app to allow you to get notifications from Twitter through the chirp app instead of getting them from Twitter then having to open Chirp on the watch.
2. Don't know if their's a fix for the flick keyboard in the works but I've tried unistall and reinstall still get black dots where the letters I try to use would be.
3. Adding a spot in the chirp menu to see bookmarked tweets (I use bookmarked tweets for my giveaways), and allowing users to post a tweet and not just reply to an existing tweet.
Other then that live the app and hope for some more stable updates and possible new features as I suggested. 🤙🏻
Developer Response ,
Thanks the review, and I’m happy to say I can address some of your concerns right now :) Firstly with FlickType, this is expected behaviour. Type the letters out as if you’re typing the word, when you’re finished flick to the right and you’ll see the word appear. A new version coming soon (hopefully) will address this, and you’ll see the letters as you type.
You can post tweets actually. Force touch on your menu or timeline and you’ll see the option pop up.
I’d love to add bookmark support, but it’s a Twitter limitation and I can’t circumvent it, sorry.
Hopefully that clears things up :)
If you have any other questions, email me firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: Bumping review up to 5 stars in response to new information direct from developer that complication availability is forthcoming. That was the only thing that held me back, so in good faith, I’m giving this app the full five stars it doubtless deserves. Thank you! Full review below:
As a freelance artist and independent contractor working in the comic book industry, I live and die by my Twitter feed. This app is fantastic for not only keeping me abreast of crucial updates, it allows me to be participatory as well. I paid the additional for the Pro features and have zero regrets for doing so. The interface is pleasing, easy to navigate. The only complaint has nothing to do with the app and everything to do with ergonomics, and that is that my left tricep/bicep area gets a little sore if I’m glancing too long. But that’s what the phone and the iPad are for, am I right? The only thing I wish this app had—and I wish it a lot—would be an available complication for the watch face itself. I’ve positioned it top in my dock, but a complication would make this a 5 star app, in my humble opinion. Well done!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks for the review! Complications are coming, so look forward to that!
Extremely Nice App for Twitter
I’m always a little skeptical these days about apps for social media.
However!!! This developer has seemingly got this right to the point where I didn’t mind paying for the pro features and helping support this app and the developer.
When an app is this good, it deserves to be support financially and with downloading it for use.
Some of the first things I checked out was:
1. How often is the app updated and supported by the developer.
2. Issues with how the app operates on my iOS devices.
3. Developers response time and efforts to help the customer with their product.
4. How intuitive it is to use the app.
5. Does the app function as described.
Rarely! I mean rarely! Do I get very excited about an app like this but the answer to the above 5 points is affirmative! This developer has done an excellent job with his app and he supports it frequently with updates. The developer also responds to people’s responses and concerns.
The app functions as advertised and I have been using the heck out of it on my Apple Watch series 4.
Really nice app for Twitter and love the features and the bell that goes off when I’m checking out my tweets.
I just cannot get over how well this app looks and functions on my Apple Watch.
Good job Mr. Developer. LOL.
PS. Make an app for FaceBook!!!!!!!! Please!!
- Will Bishop
- 32.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Will Bishop
- In-App Purchases
- Tip Tier 5 $9.99
- Tip Tier 3 $3.99
- Tip Tier 4 $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.