Chirp for Twitter is the best way to use Twitter on your Apple Watch for free.
You can endlessly scroll through your timeline, catch up on trending, and keep up with your mentions. You can also read and reply to all of your direct messages!
Use lists? Chirp can do that do. Need to search for something (or someone) specific? Yep, Chirp does that as well.
Not only can you browse your timeline, but it's also incredibly feature packed! With videos, images, mentions, hashtags, and so much more, you'll be able to get through any boring meeting or school assembly with Chirp!
I'm so glad you're all liking Chirp 2.0! This update (2.0.1) fixes some problems associated with that big launch, but it also adds some new features, so here's the changelog:
- 'Search People' option when mentioning someone in a tweet.
- Pink to username colors. Somehow I overlooked this, so now if you want a pink username, Chirp has you covered :)
- Greek localisations
- Sometimes a users verification badge wouldn't show up when viewing a tweet
- Complications would crash Chirp (really sorry about that one)
- In the Japanese localisation, the button to restore purchases was labelled 'Buy.
And finally, if you like Chirp for Twitter, a review on the App Store would help me out tremendously!
Ratings and Reviews
Great but odd bugs
I downloaded this app to have a quick way of replying to my followers while at work or on the go without having to pull out my phone. It's been working great for the most part but an getting some odd bugs. And have a suggestion.
Bugs: 1. Can't use flick keyboard when ever I try to type something I just get grey dots where the letters should be.
2. The app causes my watch to randomly vibrate and ding like I have a notification from chirp, but I don't when I swype my notification center down. No I'm not sure if there's actual notifications for chirp when you get a notification from Twitter or what.
Suggestions: 1. Possibly adding a settings menu for the iPhone app to allow you to get notifications from Twitter through the chirp app instead of getting them from Twitter then having to open Chirp on the watch.
2. Don't know if their's a fix for the flick keyboard in the works but I've tried unistall and reinstall still get black dots where the letters I try to use would be.
3. Adding a spot in the chirp menu to see bookmarked tweets (I use bookmarked tweets for my giveaways), and allowing users to post a tweet and not just reply to an existing tweet.
Other then that live the app and hope for some more stable updates and possible new features as I suggested. 🤙🏻
Developer Response ,
Thanks the review, and I’m happy to say I can address some of your concerns right now :) Firstly with FlickType, this is expected behaviour. Type the letters out as if you’re typing the word, when you’re finished flick to the right and you’ll see the word appear. A new version coming soon (hopefully) will address this, and you’ll see the letters as you type.
You can post tweets actually. Force touch on your menu or timeline and you’ll see the option pop up.
I’d love to add bookmark support, but it’s a Twitter limitation and I can’t circumvent it, sorry.
Hopefully that clears things up :)
If you have any other questions, email me firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: Bumping review up to 5 stars in response to new information direct from developer that complication availability is forthcoming. That was the only thing that held me back, so in good faith, I’m giving this app the full five stars it doubtless deserves. Thank you! Full review below:
As a freelance artist and independent contractor working in the comic book industry, I live and die by my Twitter feed. This app is fantastic for not only keeping me abreast of crucial updates, it allows me to be participatory as well. I paid the additional for the Pro features and have zero regrets for doing so. The interface is pleasing, easy to navigate. The only complaint has nothing to do with the app and everything to do with ergonomics, and that is that my left tricep/bicep area gets a little sore if I’m glancing too long. But that’s what the phone and the iPad are for, am I right? The only thing I wish this app had—and I wish it a lot—would be an available complication for the watch face itself. I’ve positioned it top in my dock, but a complication would make this a 5 star app, in my humble opinion. Well done!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks for the review! Complications are coming, so look forward to that!
Extremely Nice App for Twitter
I’m always a little skeptical these days about apps for social media.
However!!! This developer has seemingly got this right to the point where I didn’t mind paying for the pro features and helping support this app and the developer.
When an app is this good, it deserves to be support financially and with downloading it for use.
Some of the first things I checked out was:
1. How often is the app updated and supported by the developer.
2. Issues with how the app operates on my iOS devices.
3. Developers response time and efforts to help the customer with their product.
4. How intuitive it is to use the app.
5. Does the app function as described.
Rarely! I mean rarely! Do I get very excited about an app like this but the answer to the above 5 points is affirmative! This developer has done an excellent job with his app and he supports it frequently with updates. The developer also responds to people’s responses and concerns.
The app functions as advertised and I have been using the heck out of it on my Apple Watch series 4.
Really nice app for Twitter and love the features and the bell that goes off when I’m checking out my tweets.
I just cannot get over how well this app looks and functions on my Apple Watch.
Good job Mr. Developer. LOL.
PS. Make an app for FaceBook!!!!!!!! Please!!
- Will Bishop
- 40.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Will Bishop
- In-App Purchases
- Tip Tier 5 $9.99
- Tip Tier 3 $3.99
- Tip Tier 4 $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.