The choice is yours!
Choice of Games is a magnificent library of interactive novels: action, adventure, drama, historical, war, humor, supernatural, and more. Our games are entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by vast, unstoppable power of your imagination. Choose your path: your choices control the story.
Try a few of these Choice of Games classics:
• Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance — Plunge into court politics and change the course of history, or pursue a love affair that rocks the kingdom to its foundations!
• Choice of Broadsides — Step into the shoes of the greatest naval hero of all time... you!
• Choice of the Deathless — Battle demons and undead attorneys, and win souls to pay back your student loans!
• Choice of the Dragon — Become a fire-breathing dragon who sleeps on gold and kidnaps princesses!
• Choice of Kung Fu — Become the world's greatest kung-fu fighter or find true enlightenment.
• Choice of Robots — The robots you design will change the world! Will you show them the true meaning of love, or conquer Alaska with your robot army?
• Choice of the Vampire — A 200-year journey of love, power, and redemption.
• Creatures Such as We — A philosophical romance with game designers on the moon. In this game within a game, there has to be a better ending! Awarded 2nd place in the 2014 IFComp.
• For Rent: Haunted House — Rent out a haunted house under the tyrannical eye of a ruthless boss. Screw over your tenants! Ignore supernatural phenomena!
• Grand Academy for Future Villains — Taking over the world? Welcome to the world's finest preparatory villain school!
• Heart of the House — What will you sacrifice when trapped in a haunted manor? Will you destroy this evil or claim its power? And can love bloom in a haunted house?
• Psy High — What's scarier: the principal, your psychic powers, or finding a date for prom?
• Silverworld — Survive the past, save the future, and explore a savage Stone Age world!
• Tally Ho — A Jazz Age comedy of manners—only a perfect servant can solve a perfect mess!
Learn more at https://choiceofgames.com
New Game! Exile of the Gods!
In the great war between the gods, will you wield the chains of destiny, or shatter them forever?
"Exile of the Gods" is a 460,000 word interactive epic fantasy novel by Jonathan Valuckas, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Our story begins twenty years after the action of the first game, 2015's "Champion of the Gods". Which ending did you get? Start this game as the Champion, a warrior born to serve the gods, and follow the holy destiny the Weavers have crafted for you. Or start this game as the Exile, enemy of the gods, and forge a new life for yourself in the faraway land of Khovros--where mortals are free to choose their own fates.
Champion and Exile alike must unravel a deadly conspiracy, and confront the brewing war upon their gods. Will you vanquish this invading force, or use its power to free your realm from its ruthless creators forever? Take revenge on the gods who exiled you, or steal this chance to prove your worth to the pantheon, and seize your destiny of glory?
The gods made you what you are. Now, you will show them what you are made of.
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, bi, or ace
• Take the role of your realm's beloved savior, or that of a vengeful warrior living in exile
• Explore a world inspired by the myths of Ancient Greece
• Fight land and sea battles inspired by the military campaigns of antiquity
• Unravel a divine conspiracy that spans two realms, complete with shocking twists
• Use the power of Inspiration to endow your companions with unearthly prowess, or wield Rapture to stun your enemies with bliss
• Move the hearts of your foes with your sincerity, or harness the power of deception to spin a lie that suits your fancy
• Play the game in standalone mode, or import your skills and backstory from "Champion of the Gods" to unlock new storylines--and a terrifying bonus power
• Confront golems, fire-wielding mystics, and the armies of the dead
• Receive a horoscope for your character, based on their virtues and humors
Ratings and Reviews
Love the One App
So, I have played a good bit of Choice and Hosted (their other brand) games. I actually don’t mind the one app because I prefer a centralized location to access all the games I had. I play a lot of RPGs on the console, and I read in my spare time so I love the combination when I need something casual and in between. Plus, many of them are not as kiddie as similar games in the app store. There is also a nice mix of genres.
You can preview the game before you buy, and if you are signed up for their mailing list or notifications, you learn when new ones drop. New stories are usually discounted for a week or so. There are also a few free stories mixed in there.
I enjoy, through their combined brands, many of the series. I replay a good bit of the stories. There are other on my list to eventually. I have just been wary of a few. Off the top of my head, (some of these might be the Hosted Choices app as well); I like Way Haven Chronicles, Choices of a Mobster, Samurai of Hyuga Series, Hero Rises Series, Blood Money, Versus Series, Tin Star, Choice of Rebel, etc. I recommend the overall app to people who like to read or enjoy RPGs.
Developer Response ,
Hi! In the latest version of our app, you can now rate our games and see how other people rated them. To view ratings, tap the "Detail" button on the Games list. You can also sort our games by average rating using "Order by: Rating." To leave a rating, play a game through to the end. You'll be prompted to rate the game on a scale from 1 to 10, and then sign in to have your vote counted.
Not sure if this is where we review individual games, but I can’t find anywhere else. We can give it a 1-10 in the app but no written review.
This game was wonderful! I usually find CoG to be too stat focused for my liking but the checks were easy enough that I didn’t have to worry about them much and could focus on the story. The power plays with the different factions in deep space were complex and challenging and it didn’t feel like the game was pushing me towards a “good” choice over a “bad” one. I also liked the couple of twists with some of our crew later on. I romanced Eira and [spoilers] was incredibly pleasantly surprised to find she’s demiromantic, which is something I’ve never seen before!
My only suggestions for improvement would be a bit longer of an epilogue, as the ending felt a bit abrupt, and that a lot of the dialogue scenes were abbreviated instead of letting us read the actual exchanges (which I don’t really blame the author for as I’ve seen this in a number of CoG to the point where I think it’s part of their rules for publishing). Anyway I loved this! Well done!
Best App For Choice Based Story Games
I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time in the App Store. It is everything you could possibly want for interactive story fans. It may be costly to play as much as you would like to, but it sure is worth it if you have that extra few dollars to spend. I work on a boat and don’t normally have service, so the offline download is an absolute god-send for me. The stories are also incredibly riveting and immersive, and I often find myself going back to see how different choices create different outcomes. Also the ability to continue the character you played when a sequel comes out just seals the deal. I’ll be a top fan of this company for a while!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Choice of Games LLC
- 13.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Choice of Games
- In-App Purchases
- Exile of the Gods $4.99
- Champion of the Gods $5.99
- Choice of Magics $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.