The choice is yours!
Choice of Games is a magnificent library of interactive novels: action, adventure, drama, historical, war, humor, supernatural, and more. Our games are entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by vast, unstoppable power of your imagination. Choose your path: your choices control the story.
Try a few of these Choice of Games classics:
• Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance — Plunge into court politics and change the course of history, or pursue a love affair that rocks the kingdom to its foundations!
• Choice of Broadsides — Step into the shoes of the greatest naval hero of all time... you!
• Choice of the Deathless — Battle demons and undead attorneys, and win souls to pay back your student loans!
• Choice of the Dragon — Become a fire-breathing dragon who sleeps on gold and kidnaps princesses!
• Choice of Kung Fu — Become the world's greatest kung-fu fighter or find true enlightenment.
• Choice of Robots — The robots you design will change the world! Will you show them the true meaning of love, or conquer Alaska with your robot army?
• Choice of the Vampire — A 200-year journey of love, power, and redemption.
• Creatures Such as We — A philosophical romance with game designers on the moon. In this game within a game, there has to be a better ending! Awarded 2nd place in the 2014 IFComp.
• For Rent: Haunted House — Rent out a haunted house under the tyrannical eye of a ruthless boss. Screw over your tenants! Ignore supernatural phenomena!
• Grand Academy for Future Villains — Taking over the world? Welcome to the world's finest preparatory villain school!
• Heart of the House — What will you sacrifice when trapped in a haunted manor? Will you destroy this evil or claim its power? And can love bloom in a haunted house?
• Psy High — What's scarier: the principal, your psychic powers, or finding a date for prom?
• Silverworld — Survive the past, save the future, and explore a savage Stone Age world!
• Tally Ho — A Jazz Age comedy of manners—only a perfect servant can solve a perfect mess!
Learn more at https://choiceofgames.com
We've fixed a bug where the game would show up in a window on iPad Pro devices. If you enjoy "Choice of Games," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Glitch ruins otherwise amazing game
First I’d like to say that this is one of my favorite apps. I love seeing all the options that the writers come up with, and I appreciate it when the stories present me with diverse customization options, and meaningful choices. No game does this better than The Grand Academy for Future Villains. However playing through the sequel I began to notice that some of my choices were not being recognized. I don’t mean that the game didn’t recognize my choices; I mean that I was sometimes presented with text contradictory to what I had chosen. At first it was small—I had purchased a cloak in the game and the character commented on me not getting one (though I still lost in-game money for it). It was a little annoying but I decided to continue anyway. Then only a few pages later in the genre tournament I chose the option that said to play to the horrors strengths. The game then told me that I hadn’t picked a “horror appropriate plan.” I tried restarting it and going back through to see if I’d accidentally hit a different option, but the same thing happened.
If the developers read this, please fix the glitch; I really like this story perhaps even more than the first one, but this has ruined it for me. Until then I recommend that other users not buy the second book in The Grand Academy for Future Villains series.
P.S. I checked, and I have the most recent version, so as of writing this the glitch has not yet been patched.
Love the One App
So, I have played a good bit of Choice and Hosted (their other brand) games. I actually don’t mind the one app because I prefer a centralized location to access all the games I had. I play a lot of RPGs on the console, and I read in my spare time so I love the combination when I need something casual and in between. Plus, many of them are not as kiddie as similar games in the app store. There is also a nice mix of genres.
You can preview the game before you buy, and if you are signed up for their mailing list or notifications, you learn when new ones drop. New stories are usually discounted for a week or so. There are also a few free stories mixed in there.
I enjoy, through their combined brands, many of the series. I replay a good bit of the stories. There are other on my list to eventually. I have just been wary of a few. Off the top of my head, (some of these might be the Hosted Choices app as well); I like Way Haven Chronicles, Choices of a Mobster, Samurai of Hyuga Series, Hero Rises Series, Blood Money, Versus Series, Tin Star, Choice of Rebel, etc. I recommend the overall app to people who like to read or enjoy RPGs.
Developer Response ,
Hi! In the latest version of our app, you can now rate our games and see how other people rated them. To view ratings, tap the "Detail" button on the Games list. You can also sort our games by average rating using "Order by: Rating." To leave a rating, play a game through to the end. You'll be prompted to rate the game on a scale from 1 to 10, and then sign in to have your vote counted.
Not sure if this is where we review individual games, but I can’t find anywhere else. We can give it a 1-10 in the app but no written review.
This game was wonderful! I usually find CoG to be too stat focused for my liking but the checks were easy enough that I didn’t have to worry about them much and could focus on the story. The power plays with the different factions in deep space were complex and challenging and it didn’t feel like the game was pushing me towards a “good” choice over a “bad” one. I also liked the couple of twists with some of our crew later on. I romanced Eira and [spoilers] was incredibly pleasantly surprised to find she’s demiromantic, which is something I’ve never seen before!
My only suggestions for improvement would be a bit longer of an epilogue, as the ending felt a bit abrupt, and that a lot of the dialogue scenes were abbreviated instead of letting us read the actual exchanges (which I don’t really blame the author for as I’ve seen this in a number of CoG to the point where I think it’s part of their rules for publishing). Anyway I loved this! Well done!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Choice of Games LLC
- 13.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Choice of Games
- In-App Purchases
- Choice of the Dragon $4.99
- Choice of Broadsides $4.99
- Creatures Such as We $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.