The choice is yours!
Choice of Games is a magnificent library of interactive novels: action, adventure, drama, historical, war, humor, supernatural, and more. Our games are entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by vast, unstoppable power of your imagination. Choose your path: your choices control the story.
Try a few of these Choice of Games classics:
• Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance — Plunge into court politics and change the course of history, or pursue a love affair that rocks the kingdom to its foundations!
• Choice of Broadsides — Step into the shoes of the greatest naval hero of all time... you!
• Choice of the Deathless — Battle demons and undead attorneys, and win souls to pay back your student loans!
• Choice of the Dragon — Become a fire-breathing dragon who sleeps on gold and kidnaps princesses!
• Choice of Kung Fu — Become the world's greatest kung-fu fighter or find true enlightenment.
• Choice of Robots — The robots you design will change the world! Will you show them the true meaning of love, or conquer Alaska with your robot army?
• Choice of the Vampire — A 200-year journey of love, power, and redemption.
• Creatures Such as We — A philosophical romance with game designers on the moon. In this game within a game, there has to be a better ending! Awarded 2nd place in the 2014 IFComp.
• For Rent: Haunted House — Rent out a haunted house under the tyrannical eye of a ruthless boss. Screw over your tenants! Ignore supernatural phenomena!
• Grand Academy for Future Villains — Taking over the world? Welcome to the world's finest preparatory villain school!
• Heart of the House — What will you sacrifice when trapped in a haunted manor? Will you destroy this evil or claim its power? And can love bloom in a haunted house?
• Psy High — What's scarier: the principal, your psychic powers, or finding a date for prom?
• Silverworld — Survive the past, save the future, and explore a savage Stone Age world!
• Tally Ho — A Jazz Age comedy of manners—only a perfect servant can solve a perfect mess!
Learn more at https://choiceofgames.com
Fixed a bug that could cause a network error. If you enjoy "Choice of Games," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent, with one suggestion
I have been a huge Choice of Games fan for years now - since the only place to find them was their website and they only had a handful of games available. They create excellent quality choose-your-own-adventure style games, and I highly recommend trying them out. Extremely pleased to have all the games in one app, as it will make following what’s new a lot easier. Also, unlike others who have written reviews, I didn’t have trouble restoring purchases on the app. I’d already downloaded some of the apps, which allowed me to synch purchases over to this one without trouble. Or, if you have a CoG account (which I recommend for the sake of saving games for sequels), you can restore purchases that way without trouble, too.
I would like a way to sort the games in the app, though. Whether by what you’ve already bought or played or by genre, it would make things easier. The search function is helpful if you already know what you want, but otherwise it’s difficult to navigate the app outside of scrolling through the titles.
Love the One App
So, I have played a good bit of Choice and Hosted (their other brand) games. I actually don’t mind the one app because I prefer a centralized location to access all the games I had. I play a lot of RPGs on the console, and I read in my spare time so I love the combination when I need something casual and in between. Plus, many of them are not as kiddie as similar games in the app store. There is also a nice mix of genres.
You can preview the game before you buy, and if you are signed up for their mailing list or notifications, you learn when new ones drop. New stories are usually discounted for a week or so. There are also a few free stories mixed in there.
I enjoy, through their combined brands, many of the series. I replay a good bit of the stories. There are other on my list to eventually. I have just been wary of a few. Off the top of my head, (some of these might be the Hosted Choices app as well); I like Way Haven Chronicles, Choices of a Mobster, Samurai of Hyuga Series, Hero Rises Series, Blood Money, Versus Series, Tin Star, Choice of Rebel, etc. I recommend the overall app to people who like to read or enjoy RPGs.
Developer Response ,
Hi! In the latest version of our app, you can now rate our games and see how other people rated them. To view ratings, tap the "Detail" button on the Games list. You can also sort our games by average rating using "Order by: Rating." To leave a rating, play a game through to the end. You'll be prompted to rate the game on a scale from 1 to 10, and then sign in to have your vote counted.
Not sure if this is where we review individual games, but I can’t find anywhere else. We can give it a 1-10 in the app but no written review.
This game was wonderful! I usually find CoG to be too stat focused for my liking but the checks were easy enough that I didn’t have to worry about them much and could focus on the story. The power plays with the different factions in deep space were complex and challenging and it didn’t feel like the game was pushing me towards a “good” choice over a “bad” one. I also liked the couple of twists with some of our crew later on. I romanced Eira and [spoilers] was incredibly pleasantly surprised to find she’s demiromantic, which is something I’ve never seen before!
My only suggestions for improvement would be a bit longer of an epilogue, as the ending felt a bit abrupt, and that a lot of the dialogue scenes were abbreviated instead of letting us read the actual exchanges (which I don’t really blame the author for as I’ve seen this in a number of CoG to the point where I think it’s part of their rules for publishing). Anyway I loved this! Well done!
- Choice of Games LLC
- 13.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Choice of Games
- In-App Purchases
- Choice of the Dragon $4.99
- Choice of Broadsides $4.99
- Creatures Such as We $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.