"ChordPolyPad" is a MIDI chords player that allows you to create chord sets from a large internal library, from any combination of notes, or from chords generated randomly. Each set consists of 8 groups of 16 pads, or 2 groups of 64 pads.
In addition to play chords, each pad can generate customizable MIDI controls on its horizontal and vertical axis.
It can be used as a standalone application or an AUv3 MIDI effect plug-in.
The application supports full internal and external MIDI connections for input and output. An internal sound bank is included.
The AUv3 MIDI effect plug-in supports multiple instances. A compatible host is required to run the plug-in. The host needs to support the Audio Unit v3 (AUv3) MIDI effect format.
Hosts supporting AUv3 MIDI effect: Cubasis, Beatmaker, AUM, Audiobus, NanoStudio, Auria Pro, apeMatrix.
• Standalone application and AUv3 MIDI effect plug-in
• 8 groups of 16 pads or 2 groups of 64 pads by preset (128 pads)
• MIDI port and MIDI channel assignable for each pad
• Customizable X/Y controller for each pad
• Velocity assignable for each chord note
• Strumming setup by pad
• Copy and paste for pads and groups
• Draggable chords directly from library
• Searching for chords available in a defined scale
• Random chords for instant inspiration
• Internal sound bank
• Receiving MIDI notes and control from external devices
• Send MIDI to a virtual port that can be used as MIDI input by other "Core MIDI" compatible applications
• Presets manager
• "Program Change" support
• Preset sharing support by "AirDrop", "Mail", "Message" and other available services
• Native iCloud support
• "iCloud Drive" support in "Files" app on iOS and in "Finder" on macOS
• Full support of "Split View" and "Slide Over"
Supported MIDI connections:
• Virtual "Core MIDI" connections between applications
• Any compatible MIDI interface
• MIDI over Wifi
• MIDI over Bluetooth
• Each pad now displays the MIDI note to trigger it
• The design of the iPhone version has been improved to be similar to the iPad version
• Possibility to display or not the keyboard editor in the view
• Ability to display or not the pad editing panel
• PDF documentation can be downloaded to the device
• Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
I have enjoyed this app for years, and it continues to be one of the most useful tools I have for composing and studying chord progressions and voicings when away from a piano keyboard. Use it with the built in sounds for convenience, as a controller for other iOS music apps, or combine this app with the musicIO MIDI app, and a wired connection from iPhone or iPad provides a rock-solid, low-latency connection for chord input to your computer's DAW. MIDI over WiFi is also possible.
The developer is accessible by email and is very responsive to bug reports—hence the recent update with a minor bug fix. The app has received many updates and improvements over time. Well worth the price.
Chord Poly Pad
I'm a GEE-Tar player. Cant read music, dont play a keyboard, just learned enough about MIDI to be extremely dangerous. But, I gotta say, Im having a blast with this app. And the developer seems to understand the things we need and want in EVERY App., such as AUV3, being both stand-alone, being hosted by AUM and most common DAWs, etc., Ableton-Link sync capability, MIDI In/oUT, bla bla, logical layout, intuitive, as simple as possible, both in-App Manual AND a downloadable PDF ( none of that no OFF-line PDF crap!). DUH! We want to look at offline manual on our older Ipads while figuring out the app on our new Ipad. Highly Recommend, one of the best values out there. Thanks Mr. Coulson. Rob H.
Change of heart.
I originally gave this 1 star since it was not recording the midi into beatmaker 3. I reached out to the dev and was advised on how to get it going. Now it works
“ Beatmaker 3 does not record the MIDI from AUv3 MIDI effects. You need to use Beatmaker 3 virtual keyboard to trigger ChordPolyPad, then it will record the notes played by its own keyboard that will trigger ChordPolyPad. This is not a limitation of ChordPolyPad, but a limitation of Beatmaker 3.”
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Laurent Colson
- 47.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Laurent Colson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.