"ChordPolyPad" is a MIDI chords player that allows you to create chord sets from a large internal library, from any combination of notes, or from chords generated randomly. Each set consists of 8 groups of 16 pads, or 2 groups of 64 pads. In addition to play chords, each pad can generate customizable MIDI controls on its horizontal and vertical axis.
It can be used as a standalone application or an Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in.
The application supports full internal and external MIDI connections for input and output. An internal sound bank is included.
The Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in supports multiple instances. A compatible host is required to run the plug-in. The host needs to support the Audio Unit MIDI effect format.
• Standalone application and Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in
• 8 groups of 16 pads or 2 groups of 64 pads by preset (128 pads)
• MIDI port and MIDI channel assignable for each pad
• Customizable X/Y controller for each pad
• Velocity assignable for each chord note
• Strumming setup by pad
• Copy and paste for pads and groups
• Draggable chords directly from library
• Searching for chords available in a defined scale
• Random chords for instant inspiration
• Internal sound bank
• Receiving MIDI notes and control from external devices
• Send MIDI to a virtual port that can be used as MIDI input by other "Core MIDI" compatible applications
• Presets manager
• "Program Change" support
• Preset sharing support by "AirDrop", "Mail", "Message" and other available services
• Native iCloud support
• "Files" application support
• Full support of "Split View" and "Slide Over"
Supported MIDI connections:
• Virtual "Core MIDI" connections between applications
• iOS compatible MIDI interface
• MIDI over Wifi
• MIDI over Bluetooth
• Added support for iOS and iPadOS 15
• Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Best chord app yet
I've tried a plethora of chord and scale apps. None of them has the versatility of this one. The only thing that holds me back from 5 stars is the ability to play the single notes of a chord. It would be great if there was a switch on the chord note keyboard that would change it to the keys of the note of the chord selected.
Chordion has that feature but this app, which I just bought because Chordion 2 hasn't come about, is still much better than Chordion. Love the app and some of the internal sounds are pretty darn good!
I have enjoyed this app for years, and it continues to be one of the most useful tools I have for composing and studying chord progressions and voicings when away from a piano keyboard. Use it with the built in sounds for convenience, as a controller for other iOS music apps, or combine this app with the musicIO MIDI app, and a wired connection from iPhone or iPad provides a rock-solid, low-latency connection for chord input to your computer's DAW. MIDI over WiFi is also possible.
The developer is accessible by email and is very responsive to bug reports—hence the recent update with a minor bug fix. The app has received many updates and improvements over time. Well worth the price.
I still love it, i’m just wondering
When will there be a real update to the presets? I understand we can create out own, but most users of this just know what sounds good together. Let’s get some more genre specific chord sets. At least name whats there based on key and scale and not sing names.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Laurent Colson
- 48 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Laurent Colson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.