ChordUp is a musical instrument and MIDI controller that allows you to play almost any common chord instantly. No need to configure presets for each song. Just grab ChordUp and start playing.
SELECT CHORDS WITH A SINGLE TOUCH
Unique chord selector allows you to play any available chord instantly. You don't need to make any pre-configurations or presets. Just tap on the key button and slide your finger to the required chord type. With a little practice you will be able to select any chord in a fraction of a second.
PLAY FULL CHORDS, SINGLE NOTES OR STRUM
Three playing surfaces allows you to easily play any rhythm pattern: full chords, bass and chord, strumming or arpeggios.
CONTROL OTHER APPS ON THE SAME DEVICE
You can use ChordUp to control your favourite soft or hard synthesizer through Core MIDI connection or though Audiobus 3 MIDI ports.
CONTROL APPS ON ANOTHER IOS DEVICE OR YOUR MAC
ChordUp can send MIDI notes to another iOS device through a Bluetooth MIDI connection. If you want to control an App running on your Mac you can connect through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or USB.
• 108 available chords (9 chord types for each of the 12 notes).
• 10 embedded instruments: Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Guitar, Organ, Accordion, Vibraphone, Strings, 3 synth sounds.
• 12 pads surface (for piano like parts)
• 6 strings surface (for guitar strumming, power chords and arpeggios)
• Expression pad surface (allows to play full chords and control an expression parameter at the same time)
• Smart sustain. With the sustain enabled, when you switch chords, only the notes of the current chord that don't belong to the next chord are muted.
• Octave transposition.
• Chord locking. You can lock one chord type for a chord button.
• Buttons size adjustment on iPad.
• CoreMIDI support.
• Audiobus support (Audio sender port, MIDI sender port)
- Update app icon
- Fix "rate app" dialog
Ratings and Reviews
Prompt app support
I was having trouble because even when I had chord locking on, any adjustments to the chord reset when I play a different chord. Dmitry helped me realize that the reason it wasn’t working was that my Threshold (inside the Chord Locking setting) was all the way up. That resolved the issue, all within a couple hours of leaving my feedback here.
Two features I would really like:
- To be able to set any button to any chord, allowing me to play, for example, a G and G7 chord without changing a button back and forth mid-song. That would increase the functionality of this app for me by quite a bit.
- To be able to save these custom chord layouts.
I’d use this app all the time with these changes. I’ve honestly been looking for an app that allows music to be made like this for a long time, and I’m so happy it exists.
Developer Response ,
Hi! To lock a chord while chord locking is enabled you select a chord and the without releasing put the finger flat on the screen. The color of the frame around the chord type palette should become green. Check out this video https://youtu.be/gNW-bldmq0M
If you still have troubles with it please contact me by email email@example.com
Nice! But, please...
Wonderful app, but: 1) I am not a fan of this new grey UI and app icon. Would be great if you could choose to roll back to blue one. 2) I really need an option to name each of the pads or bars with their names accordingly to the chords used. Like A3, G4 and such. Thanks a lot!
Hello Dmitri, I love this app!
The biggest obstacle is it is not AUv3 or even split screen and no MIDI OUT.
Might we see that as an update?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dmitry Klochkov
- 46.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Dmitry Klochkov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.