Choreo Graph 4+
New York Hall of Science
Turn photos into animations and explore math concepts as you go with a powerful and fun animation studio.
Choreo Graph - one of a suite of five Noticing Tools(™) from the New York Hall of Science - was inspired by dance and choreography to learn and explore math. Coordinate geometry, angles, translations have never been this fun!
Educators: inspire learners to explore and use mathematical concepts from coordinate geometry, angles, rotations and translations as they make animations from simple dance moves to complex scenes. Sign up for a free account to access lesson plans, inspirations, and join a community of educators making inspiring learning experiences with Noticing Tools.
“Choreo Graph allows students to produce multiple outputs that are entirely different from each other without much effort differentiating my lesson." - Cris, high school math teacher
With Choreo Graph, you can:
* Trace parts of a picture to cut out objects for your animations.
* Connect parts and position pivot points.
* Add virtual props to spice up a dance.
* Use graphs to control how each piece rotates over time.
* Drag and move pieces around the stage to move them through the animation.
* Add sample music tracks auto-synced to the timeline.
* Share and remix your animations with friends via AirDrop or export to .mov format.
* Combine text, audio, video, images to tell a story, or write up how you made it, in Tell a Story.
Ideal for middle and high school classrooms, Choreo Graph and accompanying curriculum activities address Common Core Math Standards (CCSM) by integrating content, mathematical practices, and delight! Online professional development courses are also available - learn more at http://noticing.nysci.org
Choreo Graph is one of five Noticing Tools (TM) from the New York Hall of Science. The full suite includes Fraction Mash, Playground Physics, Size Wise, and Volumize.
Noticing Tools were developed in collaboration with Local Projects, an award-winning media design firm based in New York. http://localprojects.net/
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated and optimized for iOS11
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t take photos
App crashes when trying to take a photo. I deleted and reinstalled. No change. Too bad.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New York Hall of Science
- 27.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 New York Hall of Science