ChromaKids invites young children to become storytellers! Discover an interactive artistic experience for children ages three and older. ChromaKids ignites fun and excitement in a creative and collaborative exchange of stories.
Storytellers are invited to develop a story by creating a picture using drawing tools and stickers. They can record themselves telling a story that goes with the illustration. The illustration and recording can be shared with buddies. Buddies who receive drawings and recordings can add to the drawing and record their own part of the story. The buddy can then send it back to the original creator.
- add buddies
- draw a story for themselves
- draw a story for a buddy
- use provided prompts as a story starters
- Record up to ten 2:00 dictations for the story
- add stickers
- adjust the size of the stickers
- save images of their stories to Camera Roll
ChromaKids is great for:
- parents and grandparents who are away and want to create art and stories with children
- preschool teachers looking for a resource to allow students to share what they are learning with other preschoolers.
- kindergarten teachers looking for a tool to keep their class connected to a student that moved away.
- homeschool teachers looking for a strategy to help their child(ren) share their learning with other homeschool children.
Introduction and tutorial video coming soon!
ChromaKids was created in collaboration with:
Brian Puerling, NBCT
Fred Rogers Center
- General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
- Rita Catalano
- 34.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright - © 2015 Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning and Children’s Media at Saint Vincent College
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.