ChronoMonitor is a companion app for ChronoSync and ChronoAgent, the popular file synchronization and backup solutions for desktop and laptop computers. With ChronoMonitor you create "Monitors" that track the availability and condition of computers configured with ChronoAgent. This allows you to determine if ChronoAgent is running properly and optimally on those machines and ensures they are ready for backup. ChronoMonitor can also receive push notifications from ChronoSync v4.6 or later.
With ChronoMonitor you can:
• Monitor up to 20 ChronoAgents.
• Connect to agents on a LAN (WiFi) or WWAN (cellular).
• Determine the reachability and running status of an agent.
• Identify if an agent is encountering errors such as dropped connections or even crashes.
• Detect failed logins, possibly uncovering attempts to crack security.
• View the ChronoAgent version number installed on the remote computer.
• Detect if ChronoAgent updates are available.
• Track activity and load being placed on a ChronoAgent.
• Receive push notifications from ChronoSync v4.6 or later.
• View and categorize notifications by the originating document or device.
Keep a finger on the pulse of your synchronizations and backups, all from the convenience of your iPhone!
• Fixed a bug that prevented push notifications from working on newly configured devices.
Ratings and Reviews
An essential tool for any support professional
I have been an Apple Consultant for nearly 40 years and I have to say ChronoSync is AMAZING. It has been in my list of necessary software for my clients since you first released it. Every time I throw a task at it, ChrosoSync comes through with flying colors. Today the task was to copy files from a server via SSH to a local drive, then archive the files to another offsite server. It couldn't have gone any easier or straight forward! The Analyze and Rules sections help a great deal with only backing up what was needed and skipping any live databases. The Color tagging of tasks and containers made it very easy to follow in the Organizer. Grouping each task in a Container made reporting simple. Lastly, ChronoMonitor let us know that everything was working.
Thank you to everyone at econ for creating AND innovating such an outstanding product.
Now I know everything!
Now I know everything! - Well I know everything about my backups & sync jobs because CronoSync Monitor keeps me in the know with push notifications that include helpful details about success or failure.
I was pleasantly surprised to see those notifications show up on Apple Watch too.
Easy to set up notifications in the MacOS CronoSync app sync job- just give it the special ID from your Monitor iOS app so it knows where to send the notifications.
Monitor is a great little addition to Cronosync, you should give it a try so you’ll be in the know!
I was doing something wrong
I did not see how to add the Monitor to ChronoSync until I was about to remove the app from iPadOS. The “Receiver ID” from this app is entered into the Notification field of ChronoSync to enable notifications remotely. You then test the value entered just like testing a new ChronoSync connection (only on the iOS/iPadOS side) and you see the notification in the middle tab.
This will help me a lot. Now it was worth the price.
——- previous review:
Maybe I don’t understand the field of use, but this just tells me that the ChronosAgent is running and that ICX calls and talks to it.
I had expected this would monitor my ChronoSync Scheduler but it does not and I don’t see how that can be accomplished.
Even if this was free it would not be worth downloading. Which surprised me because ChronoSyncmis such a nice product.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Econ Technologies, Inc.
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2019 Econ Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.