ChronoSync Express is the entry-level version of the popular ChronoSync utility. It is the one application you can count on for both reliable backups and easy folder synchronization. ChronoSync Express combines an efficient file copy engine, flexible scheduling options, broad connectivity, and a robust user interface into the one utility that no Mac should be without.
IMPORTANT: ChronoSync Express enjoys the added security benefits of running within the application sandbox, as is required for all Mac App Store apps. As a result, however, it differs from the standard version of ChronoSync by eliminating a few features such as embedded script execution and bootable backups. Full details can be found by clicking our website link.
At its simplest, just create a new Synchronizer Task, pick two folders, and synchronize! When you need more control, use the built-in Options to dictate how individual files are handled, create archives of deleted or replaced files, and customize error handling and notifications. ChronoSync Express brings professional-level features to a consumer-level product!
• Unidirectional Backup
• Unidirectional ‘Blind’ Backup
• Unidirectional Mirror (aka ‘Clone’)
• Bidirectional Synchronization
• Internal & external storage devices (hard drives, SSDs, thumb drives, etc)
• Shared volumes (other Macs, file servers, NAS drives, etc) w/auto-mounting
• Disk images w/auto-mounting
• Other Macs via ChronoAgent
• iPhones and iPads via InterConneX
• Unlimited number of backups and synchronizations
• Group multiple sync and backup tasks into containers
• Run tasks manually within the app or from system menubar
• Schedule any task to run automatically at daily, weekly or monthly intervals
• Schedule tasks to run when volumes mount or computers join the network
• Custom error and conflict handling
• Detailed logging
• Package dissection or aggregation
• Custom file change triggers
• Extensive rules for filtering files and folder scans
• File and folder exclusions
RELIABILITY & REDUNDANCY
• Verification of copied data
• “Safe copy” operation will not overwrite files until copied & verified
• Automatic retry on errors
• Archiving of deleted and overwritten files
• Optional compression of archived data
• Visual analysis of entire file hierarchy
• Select individual file-pairs to examine metadata differences
• Manually force files or folder branches to sync or backup
• Run a trial to see exactly what will happen before it happens
• Manual overrides when running trials
• Manual deletion of files or folders
• Manual recovery of file/folders from backups or archives
ChronoSync Express is surrounded by utilities that enhance and expand its capabilities! Add ChronoAgent to a remote Mac to add more reliable and secure connections as well as faster file copying. You can even connect to ChronoAgent over the Internet!
Add the FREE InterConneX app to your iOS device and ChronoSync Express can now sync files to your iPad or iPhone so you can take your files with you. With InterConneX, you can even connect to your ChronoAgent-enabled Mac back at the office and browse or retrieve files that you left behind.
Lastly, the ChronoMonitor utility allows you to track sync and backup operation activity from your iOS device.
• Updated for macOS 11.0 (a.k.a. Big Sur) compatibility.
• Modified various target selection dialogs so that the file selector dialog is able to fully dismiss before the selection is processed.
• Cells in the Schedule Editor Advanced Interval panel used for selecting day-hour-minute ranges are now highlighted using the current system Accent Color.
• If the sync task document is unnamed, the Sync Task Document Name toolbar item will display “Unknown” instead of being blank.
• Mounting disk images no longer intermittently hangs on some systems.
• Fixed some potential deadlocks that occur when executing system tools such as diskutil and hdiutil.
• Fixed a typo whereby “quickly” was displayed as “quicky” in various controls and tooltips.
• Fixed a bug whereby the Archive Panel outline view would not be scrollable after refreshing on app activation.
• Fixed a bug whereby, on an initial sync, if the data size trigger was in effect, it could result in an older file replacing a younger one.
• Fixed a bug whereby some of the predefined rules had the word “Template” in their name.
• Fixed a bug whereby push notifications could not be configured if the user’s system name contained an ampersand character
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent software, has saved me numerous times
This software is excellent. I highly recommend the full version which I use on my main system and this lite version I use everywhere else. I appreciate how simple and straightforward it is to set up a series of scheduled jobs and set a version history for the archive. Whereas Time Machine has failed me several times, because of permissions, versioning or some other idiotic nonsense, ChronoSync has made recovery of previous versions simple. It enables me to write my synced data to safer file systems where unix permissions behave consistently, like APFS and ZFS (Time Machine is still not capable) and recover the files regardless if my UID has changed, without having to enter some ridiculous 3D rendered full screen window.
This is Worth Every Penny You Pay for it
I had been looking for something like this. I just heard about this software on a podcast. It works beautifully. The best $25 I’ve spent in years. It backed up a Terabyte drive in a couple of minutes. It’s saves me tons of time backing up drives manually. Now, I can just do my work without thinking about backup. Backups happen automatically on two external G-Drives.
I have the software installed on my iMac which backups to two external hard drives. I also have the software installed on my macBook Pro for tethered shooting.
Affordable, easy to use and gets the job done. I'm glad I have this software on my iMac. I use it to Synch with my Image Library which is on a separate external drive. The initial Synch, of course, took several hours, but now when I plug it in weekly to update the Synch, it’s a matter of minutes and I know I have an exact copy of important digitial image files. Reassuring. Highly Recommend!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Econ Technologies, Inc.
- 35 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 Econ Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.