Buy movie tickets, skip the line and scan your digital ticket for paperless entry, plus instantly order food and drink to your VIP Cinemas seat with the new Cineplex app.
With this app you can:
- Quickly access movie showtimes to find what’s playing near you.
- Skip the box office line and scan your ticket from the app or from Apple Wallet with the ticket taker. No need to print your ticket.
- Easily share tickets with friends.
- Browse the latest new and upcoming movies, plus view ratings and watch trailers.
- Create a personal Watchlist to save the upcoming movies you want to watch.
- Make it easier to collect SCENE points by adding your SCENE card for convenient scanning at theatres.
- View theatre information including maps, phone number, admission prices, showtimes, ticketing information and theatre notices.
- Available in English & French
‘Sign-up & Sign-in with Apple ID’ now available with this version
Ratings and Reviews
Nicely improved but...
This app had a major overhaul recently and the look and feel is much better. Now the purchase process is much faster and more user friendly but there are bugs that persist. Several errors routinely occur when trying to purchase tickets. It's unfortunate about the cineplex monopoly in Canada and this is all we have however it's still a long way off from being a really good app!
Print and scan, who prints?
Seriously who prints off paper receipts anymore? I can use mobile to go to the box office, but then I get to wait in line there; why wouldn't I just pay at the kiosk?
If AirCanada can just scan my iPhone and let me on an airplane I'm sure cineplex should be able to do the same for a movie.
The Flickster movie app is much nicer. So, until I can pay on my phone and just walk in, I have no use for this app.
New Update’s terribly irresponsive! App’s stopped working
Thanks for bringing this beautiful update which turned the app into the total bug!
And the whole adaptive nature of the app has gone as well - iPhone 7 Plus screen renders zoomed in interface of iPhone 4/4S (I wish I had ability to upload screenshots here to show how awkward it looks!).
Please, grab yourself a decent developers who know and love what they do.
Developer Response ,
Hi Gurok, this is a strange one that we haven't been able to replicate internally. However, if you uninstall and reinstall the app, it should work. Sometimes just a device reboot resolves the issue.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cineplex Entertainment
- 127 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Cineplex Entertainment LP
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.