Paint Warhammer miniatures like a master. Whether you’re a fledgling painter looking to improve your skills or a veteran in need of a quick reference guide, this is your essential companion.
Inside this latest version of the app, you’ll find:
- New guides and colours that let you take full advantage of Contrast paints
- Choose between Battle Ready and Parade Ready guides
- More high-resolution model shots for your painting reference
- Improved search, sorting and refinement functionality
- A Projects feature that allows you to organise all your favourite Paint by Model and Paint by Colour recipes in custom named lists – never forget how you painted that armour again
- A breakdown of key painting techniques, from shading to using Contrast paints
- Step-by-step instructions to paint any colour
- Detailed colour schemes for a wide variety of miniatures, with new guides added all the time
- Techniques and tips for basing your miniatures
- A colour picker: See a colour you like? Using your device’s camera, and the app will find the best match
- Inventory & Wishlist – manage your paint collection and prepare for your next project
- Optimisation and easier viewing for tablets
Improved support for iOS 14
Ratings and Reviews
So at first... And then!!!
Well I'm a photographer by trade and when I initially played with the I thought photo tool was a little limited. I could not grab a photo from my library. When I was selecting a color scheme it wouldn't let me save or create at a custom one. There is also only a limited selection of preprinted model examples to draw my inspiration from.
... but then, I decided to tape a picture of an image on my computer. WOW! The app came up with several preprinted color schemes and one of them was spot on! It was painted on a jet pack but it gave me step by instructions. The image was made of 2 distinct colors and shades there of. The the app knew that and found a scheme incorporating both of them wonderfully!!!
While I think The app could use some flushing out like a section for airbrush or wet blending It more than impressed me! I am absolutely heading to my awesome new Warhammer Store (shout out to Store #94!!!) To pick up the paints as soon I I get off work!...
P.S. I'm writing this review at work since I couldn't wait to post!
Great App. Expansion needed.
While the app being free makes my opinions a moot point, the app functions in fantastic fashion, allowing you to scan colors and paints and other objects even to color match or find how to apply basic techniques to achieve a desired effect.
Cataloguing your paints and checking if you have that one obscure edge hilight color when you are home or on the go, and wishlisting it so you can snag it the next time you go down to Warhammer or a FLGS is fantastic as well.
What I really feel is lost on this app is the exclusion of a projects tab, where you could make your own list of paints you own and name them after projects, so when you are popping between one paint project to another, you can keep tabs and not go batty on which paints you were using.
Amazing for all skill levels
They have knocked it out of the park with this app. Being able to see how colors will look based on a few colors and techniques is such an amazing feature. I love using this app when determining how to paint a new color or style I'm less familiar with. It also gives a good sense of other colors you might not think to try.
I only have two minor issues.
1.) I wish you could sort the paint inventory/wishlist based on colors (instead of alphabetically) similar to how they are sorted when you go buy them from a FLGS. Their display rack is so helpful, and being able to see the colors in triplet and around similar colors is helpful when selecting the right styles.
2.) I wish they would display some of the colors on things that aren't the backpacks. I would like to see all the flesh tones on an arm or leg so I could get a better sense of what they look like.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Games Workshop Limited
- 48.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Games Workshop Limited 2019.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.