Citizen of Rome - Dynasty Ascendant is a family/Dynasty life sim set in the Roman Republic.
You get to see how life was in the Ancient Republic, participate in their various customs, festivals and Ludi / sporting competitions, while raising a family and moving up in the social and economic hierarchy in the Republic.
You can educate your children, marry them off, sponsor their elections and much more. You'll usually play as the eldest of your sons once your character dies.
The game is open-ended without a set endgame just like in real life, but a grand goal for any ambitious Roman family was to land a Consulship of the republic. This could be your goal in the game as well, climbing the Cursus Honorum and becoming a "New Man" - "Novus Homo"
WARNING: The game just like fate will beat you down from time to time and you might find all that you worked for being taken away from you in an instant, but the way things are set up you'll almost certainly end up growing wealthy and reach the Senatorial class at some point despite various setbacks. There is no game-over and life goes on no matter what
A core philosophy of the game is that just like in real life, there's no winning or losing, just experiencing life and having fun at it no matter where it takes you. The game should be fun in its own way at every level, no matter if you're a prole or a senator, but with things just playing differently and with different goals and challenges
+ Fully offline, no ads, no in-app purchases
+ Marriage, Birth, Death, and Succession
+ Property and economy
+ Several key Roman festivals
+ Traits and Skills
+ Apprenticeships and employment
+ Elections and Class progression
+ Random interactions and events
+ Dark Mode
+ Easy Mode
Long live the Republic!
+ UI tweaks and other QoL improvements
+ New event chains
+ Cash limit balance changes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good game, but the graphic are too large.
The cards that make up the dialogue in the game are far too big and make playing the game quite cumbersome. I don't think the text needs to be that large and it would be better if I could read and see all the options without having to scroll. Some other UI features to make the game more easy to play is splitting up the properties into their respective categories (eg, animals, farms, etc) to eliminate even more scrolling. You could create a separate tab for education and marriage as I often find myself forgetting to do those options when I put them aside for later like when I lack the money to fund them right at that moment and I wanna do it later. Some filtering options for the main screen would also be epic, so that we can quickly see which person has the best or worst of whatever characteristic or trait you wanna see. But again, the size of cards is just annoying but the gameplay and art is otherwise fantastic.
Missing One Thing
The game is incredible—all around perfect for its many activities, play styles, as well as outcomes.
Though it is missing one thing: War.
The ability to go to war throughout Rome, kingdoms, fledgling empires, and more is what this game needs!!
To be able to take sides for war, experience battle, and sail to distant lands is what would tie this game together.
I sincerely hope this will be in the game’s forceable future!
Fun game!! Some suggestions for the developer
So, to get ahead in this game you have to be kinda the worst human on the planet.
1) The market is where you’ll make all your money. Never miss a chance to go.
2) Don’t bother educating your girls. (This is where the worst human starts...) it’s a waste of money because you’re just going to marry them off.
3) The fact that there’s no family planning means a lot of this game is RNG. You’re gonna find yourself hoping you don’t have boys, and if you get too many you’ll be hoping they die. Because when you die, your assets are split evenly against the heirs. (When the other family line dies out, you do get an inheritance which can help!)
4) I still haven’t managed to get to the last level of education. It’s just far too expensive for anyone to really get to by play style. You have to have luck and RNG into a bunch of good market opportunities and have few heirs. I think it would be more fun if you could either kill your kids or give them up for adoption, or the RNG on the market made it a little easier to get to the senator part of the game. It’s just too expensive to do any other way.
I’ve wasted about 20 hours on this game and haven’t gotten bored which is cool. And my Latin is coming back 😂
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sathvik Ponangi
- 63.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Sathvik Software Solutions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.