City Journal is the nation's premier urban-policy magazine, "the Bible of the new urbanism," as London's Daily Telegraph puts it. The magazine offers a stimulating mix of hard-headed practicality and cutting-edge theory, with articles on everything from public order and policing strategy, education policy, and social welfare to urban architecture, family policy, and the latest theorizing emanating from universities and law schools.
Since urban policy encompasses almost all domestic-policy questions, as well as the largest issues of our culture and society, the magazine views its canvas as very broad indeed. City Journal holds itself to the highest intellectual, journalistic, and literary standards, aiming to produce absorbing reading for intelligent and discerning readers. The app includes all the articles of the print edition, including full-color illustrations, and much more.
City Journal Pricing:
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 9.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
The City Journal app was completely revamped in 2020—with a slew of new features including the ability to browse by topic, unlock early access to print magazine content, save favorites, and tune into the weekly 10 Blocks podcast, all in one app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
City Journal offers relevant news articles based on thorough documented data compiled into well written stories. I value this smart journal that relies on researched analysis instead of loose opinions.
Very clear thinking about the world
Perfect on an iPad Pro
You know whether you agree with its politics, I'm here to tell you that, finally, this beautiful magazine looks and works as it should on an iPad: the Pro.
The iPad Pro is supposed to be good for artists and multi-app productivity types, and I'm sure it is, but I wanted one to read newspapers and magazines at a more natural size. City Journal is the best example of this strategy. No more pinching and zooming; just reading.
It does something called "streamIng", too. Who cares.
- Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, Inc.
- 49 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Manhattan Institute
- In-App Purchases
- City Journal $9.99
- Summer 2011 $1.99
- Autumn 2011 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.