City Journal is the nation's premier urban-policy magazine, "the Bible of the new urbanism," as London's Daily Telegraph puts it. The magazine offers a stimulating mix of hard-headed practicality and cutting-edge theory, with articles on everything from school financing, policing strategy, and welfare policy to urban architecture, family policy, and the latest theorizing emanating from the law schools. Since urban policy encompasses almost all domestic-policy questions, as well as the largest issues of our culture and society, the magazine views its canvas as very broad indeed. City Journal holds itself to the highest intellectual, journalistic, and literary standards, aiming to produce intelligent and absorbing reading for intelligent and discerning readers. The iPad edition includes all the articles of the print edition, as well as—for the first time ever—lavish full-color illustrations.City Journal Pricing:
Single Issue Price - USD $3.99*
Subscription 1 Year - USD $9.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Stability improvements and other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect on an iPad Pro
You know whether you agree with its politics, I'm here to tell you that, finally, this beautiful magazine looks and works as it should on an iPad: the Pro.
The iPad Pro is supposed to be good for artists and multi-app productivity types, and I'm sure it is, but I wanted one to read newspapers and magazines at a more natural size. City Journal is the best example of this strategy. No more pinching and zooming; just reading.
It does something called "streamIng", too. Who cares.
Best periodical currently in print
Everyone at all interested in urban culture and public policy should read this publication.
Fabulous way to read City Journal
Now one of my favorite journal's is available on the iPad -- the beauty of the magazine comes through and the format lends itself well to the iPad. Bravo!
- MAZ Digital Inc.
- 45.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2011 by the Manhattan Institute, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- City Journal $9.99
- Summer 2011 $1.99
- Autumn 2011 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.