Play the #1 City Building Game! Be the mayor, build a thriving city, and share with friends!
Your citizens are waiting! What will your city look like?
- BUILD houses, beachfront condos, stunning mansions, and watch your population grow!
- RUN businesses like burger joints, bowling alleys, and movie theaters.
- WATCH your citizens walk, and cars drive, all on roads you build!
- See your entire city light up as the game changes from DAY to NIGHT!
- DECORATE your city with parks, trees, and sports stadiums!
- EXPAND your borders and coastline! Create RIVERS and LAKES!
- Build the great WONDERS of the world like the Statue of Liberty!
- Visit other player’s cities to lend a hand and get new decorating ideas.
- FREE Weekly Updates with new content to help your city grow!
The best looking, most customizable city building experience available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Please note: City Story Metro is an online only game. Your device must have an active internet connection to play.
Please note that City Story Metro™ is free to play, but you can purchase in-app items with real money. To delete this feature, on your device go to Settings Menu -> General -> Restrictions option. You can then simply turn off In-App Purchases under "Allowed Content". In addition, City Story Metro™ may link to social media services, such as Facebook, and Storm8 will have access to your information through such services.
Added iPhone 5 Support
Ratings and Reviews
Good game, just some suggestions
I would've given this game five stars since it is a very well crafted game, however I have a few suggestions that prohibit me from adding an extra star.
1) The energy bar is unnecessary and limiting. It's very hard to maintain businesses when my energy keeps depleting. All it does is make the game harder to play, and is quite annoying to wait for it to fill up.
2) Reduce the cost of expansion. Many of the goals require more stores to be built, which is hard to do when all the space is taken up. Plus, earning coins is hard when the energy is low. Easier expansion would make accomplishing goals easier, plus allow us to decorate our town with ease.
3) Either make earning goods easier, or get rid of this feature entirely. It's very difficult to earn coins when all the goods have run out, and I'm sure many players are not willing to spend real money for some fake goods.
That's all I have. Other than that it's a very fun and addicting game!
App No Longer Being Supported
For the past several days I have been trying to contact Storm8, Inc. about updating this app. As soon as I submit a request, they are automatically marking the request as solved or closed. Storm8 has abandoned this app. 1 year ago I rated this app with 5 Stars. I am disappointed they have lost interest in supporting this app for future iOS updates. I am fairly certain when Apple rolls out the next iOS version update, this app will no longer function properly.
I've been building for 2 years now and I have fun doing it. To play it is quick, and I learned to let the coins build and spend as I could. I also learned solar panels gives me energy and coins. Team Lava does not provide a rule book or hints to the game, so my wife and my sons and I had to learn and teach as we went. We enjoy playing it and building and expanding. I just wish the expansion time was greatly reduced. The cost could be reduced also. I would like to see a better explanation with each building, some give energy and others don't. Please give us some information to teach us how to grow and play and be successful builders and help our neighbors as they build too.
Greatest game ever aside from a few flaws.
I love this game, the music, the graphics, everything except for a few flaws.
First, it is absolutely insane to wait an insane amount of time to have an expansion clear and the fact that it takes an insane amount of 80,000 coin to expand is atrocious. Not to mention the insane amount of permits needed.
Second, the Energy. Constantly running out of energy making the game unplayable. It is fun to build large with homes/businesses/industry, etc., especially when you can collect more and more monies from all your homes in a rather short period of time but when this happens you are out of energy quick and you have to wait a grueling 8 hours for all your community buildings to give it back. This couldn't happen any sooner. I understand that you need gems and they're great to have but this becomes very costly.
Lastly, it'd be more convenient to look up a city via city name and it would be great that if you could visit every city without the showing of your character in a car driving there. I understand it has to load but it takes a lot longer to visit all your neighbors after you've visited a few at a time.
Other than that....this game is brilliant, addictive, fun and I love it so I gave it 5 stars anyway.
- Storm8 Studios LLC
- 147.5 MB
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 TeamLava LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 120 Gems $4.99
- 20 Gems $0.99
- 250 Gems $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.