The Chinese-English Dictionary of Civil Engineering, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, is the only application on any mobile platform that provides comprehensive coverage of civil engineering terminology.
Do you know how to say "damping capacity" in Simplified Chinese? With this application, you can immediately find the equivalent of 「减震能力」.
At home, at work and on the go, translators, students, and professionals of information technology will often encounter technical terms related to civil engineering including building materials, soil, paints and the like for which they need to quickly lookup their Chinese or English translations.
The Chinese-English Dictionary of Civil Engineering, compiled by The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI) in Japan, is the only application on any mobile platform that provides comprehensive coverage of civil engineering terminology. This application, which provides a user interface in both Simplified Chinese and English, includes both English-Chinese and Chinese-English dictionaries that provide access to a total of approximately 54,000 technical terms.
While several Chinese-English general vocabulary dictionaries are available for the iPhone, there are few specialized dictionaries that meet the specific needs of professionals, translators and civil engineering students, while those that are available are prohibitively expensive and of limited coverage. With this application, you get a database of technical terms with extensive coverage at your fingertips for a reasonable price.
Please note: This app contains translation equivalents for each term, not explanations of each term's meaning.
* Both dictionaries combined contain over 54,000 entries
* Designed for both English and Chinese users
* Covers various subdomains including building materials, soil, paints, and much more
* All this data is instantly accessible right on your device - no Internet connection required
* What was that word you just looked up? Check the history!
* Easy bookmarking puts important terms just a tap away
* Clean, easy to use interfaces in both English and Chinese
The CJK Dictionary Institute is directed by Jack Halpern, editor of the New Japanese-English Character Dictionary and The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary, now standard reference works.
Be sure to check out our other dictionary apps in the CJKI Technical Dictionaries Series, including bilingual, bidirectional Japanese-English and Japanese-Chinese Technical Term dictionaries, by searching for “CJKI” in the App Store.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
- 11.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 The CJKI Dictionary Institute, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.