Civil War: 1861 covers the opening battles of the American Civil War. The game covers both the small and large actions of that momentous year, starting with the battle at 'Big Bethel', on to the comparatively vast engagements at 'Bull Run' and 'Wilson's Creek'.
In 1861 both sides have plenty of volunteer recruits who, though enthusiastic, lack battlefield experience. On the weaponry side much of the equipment still belongs to the Napoleonic Era with a plethora of muzzle loading, smoothbore artillery.
Many of the commanders, who most would identify as the leaders the civil war armies, are still junior officers in the engagements recreated in this game. Command the Union or Confederate forces in these key battles.
Can you change history? Good luck and on to battle!
● 8 Mission Tutorial Campaign
● 3 Mission Opening Shots! Campaign
● 4 Mission Conflaguration! Campaign
● 4 Mission Total Resolve Campaign
● Includes battles based on historic events.
● Play the missions as either Union or Confederate.
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Map Zoom .
● Strategic Movement.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
● Hours of Gameplay!
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexWarGames
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
Fix: An error displaying the change log could cause a black screen on launch.
Fix: Some projectile animations not displaying.
Change: Improved A.I. opponent.
Fix: Some screen layout issues.
Fix: Invalid font selection on some buttons on some platforms.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is my third HexWar Civil War game and it is good. Only one glitch, when I downloaded the game no icon showed up. To access it I am forced into going back through the App Store. What's up with that?
I enjoy all their small Civil War battle games. Thanks for the fun battles.
Good Game but some glitches.
The game is very good and would highly recommend. The glitches include the Confederate flag bugging out, and completing the bonus level crashes the game.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 313.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.