Civil War: 1864 is the latest addition to our Civil War strategy series, bringing you the ferocious battles from 1864. Experience the American Civil War like never before with with over 40 missions; including 20 detailed historical battles. Get a greater view of the battlefield as you lead your force to victory, with our new Map Zoom feature.
1864 saw the Union army make substantial gains against the Confederate forces in the American Civil War. Grant, replacing Halleck, took the risky gamble of attacking the Confederates on three different fronts. While Grant failed to gain any significant tactical advantage in any battle against Robert E. Lee, he succeeded at depleting Lee's forces. On the Western front, Sherman was able to capture Atlanta and seize Savannah. The Union's control of the railways and waterways gave them an immense logistical advantage, which would become vital to the North's eventual success. The Confederacy was ultimately fighting and losing a defensive war.
Key Game Features:
● New map zoom feature.
● High Definition Civil War Graphics.
● 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 4 Mission abstract 'Division' campaign.
● 7 Mission 'Cold Steel' campaign.
● 7 Mission 'Duty and Pride' campaign.
● 7 Mission Blockade campaign.
● 7 Mission 'Freedom Calls' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2014 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Some line of sight issues from high hill hexes across lower hill hexes.
Change: Improved map zoom.
Change: Faster A.I. execution during larger missions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
History Teacher’s Delight
This game is amazing and helps to create in an interest in more detailed aspects of the Civil War.
These Hex War Civil War games are the best available. If you loved the old Civil War Generals series then you will enjoy these Civil War games as well. They are very playable and realistic to history. I hope there are more battles, etc. coming in the future. I have all of the Civil War series and they are great. They have different levels of difficulty to continue to challenge yourself.
I would like to see campaigns for Grant vs. Lee, Sherman’s Atlanat/march, Shenandoah, Nathan B. Forrest, Hood’s Tennessee invasion, etc. I hope Hex War adds more campaigns/battles soon.
I am a map game fan. This is a fun one. It’s not as detailed as the classic CIVAL WAR GENERALS 2, but it is still a blast too play. If u love map games, u’ll likely love this!
- Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- 283.2 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.