Classic Barjees is based on a traditional game that used to be popular in middle-eastern cultures. The game is believed to have originated in India, and later travelled along the Silk Road to Persia and eventually the Levantine.
It is traditionally played on dark velvet fabric with colorful embroidery. Six cowry shells are thrown each turn to determine the number of moves based on whether they land on their open or closed side.
You win the game by moving your pawns all around the board and into the middle (called Kitchen, or "Mutbakh" in Arabic). Your number of moves is determined by the combination of open and closed shells after throwing.
Classic Barjees includes 3 game modes:
- Singleplayer: play against an AI opponent
- Local multiplayer: take turns playing against a friend on the same device
- Online multiplayer: play online against your friends or with complete strangers using matchmaking. You can send match invitations via iMessage from within the app
- Turn-based multiplayer lets you have several matches going with different people simultaneously
- Take your turns at your leisure, the app will notify you when it's your turn to play!
- Play with Game Center friends
- Multiple background colors are available
- Your match is saved when you quit the app, letting you continue where you left off
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Besher Al Maleh
- 157.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Besher Al Maleh
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.