Develop your card skills on easy mode and then step up to the challenge in hard mode. It takes real skill to beat the AI with their perfect memory.
Play the world’s favorite card game now on your smartphone or tablet!
One of Coppercod’s most popular games, Gin Rummy (or simply Gin) is a classic quick-fire card game for two players. Simple to learn and addictive to play, it is perfect for unwinding with repeated games.
Free to play. Track your Stats. Take on smart AIs.
Develop your card skills on easy mode and then step up to the challenge in hard mode. It takes real skill to beat the AIs with their perfect memory.
Test your brain while you relax and unwind with this fun card game!
To win Gin Rummy, you must score more points than your opponent. The winner is the first to reach or exceed the target score, either 100 or 250.
Customise Gin Rummy to make it the perfect game for you.
● Choose your win target
● Choose simple or traditional scoring
● Choose between easy or hard mode
● Choose Classic Gin, Straight Gin or the Oklahoma Gin variant, optionally adding the ‘Ace Must Be Gin’ or 'Spades Double Bonus’ rules.
● Choose normal or fast play
● Play in landscape or portrait mode
● Turn single click play on or off
● Sort cards in ascending or descending order
Gin Rummy is a fun, competitive and quick to learn card game, but it will take time to master. Are you ready to take it on?
A hand is made up of 10 cards. The aim is to combine cards into melds in order to achieve Gin or to have the lowest deadwood score at the end of a hand. A player wins a hand either by having Gin, or by having the lowest deadwood score when someone knocks. Face cards are worth 10 points and all other cards are worth their value.
Thank you for playing Gin Rummy! This version includes:
- Improvements to the in-game menu
- Improvements to the landscape phone layout
- Stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It took a few games to understand the format. But I find it relaxing and enjoyable. It would be nice to have the option to rearrange the cards in my hand and choose between a run and a group. I only have one gin game that gives me that option.
The computer gives me the perfect hand, but sometimes I like to play a long shot. They don’t always pay off, but what fun when they do... otherwise,nice game!
Best version found, BUT!
-Most rummy games, especially Gin Rummy, control the all the plays deciding runs or sets. All you do is draw and discard. This one lets you decide. It will automatically go to sets but you are able to decide to choose a run.
-BUT! Two things need attention:
1. The “SEEN” feature is aggravating, unnecessary as it has no purpose other than to give the GAME an advantage you don’t have.
2. The GAME does NOT like to lose. When i started playing i won a lot but it settled down with winning seeming to be balanced between wins and losses. Actually felt like you were playing another person and chances to win were balanced and random. Now, chances of winning are slim with the, Game wins hands in few draws, will let you win a few hands even get ahead but will shut you down. i just won a game but can’t remember the last time i won a game. You will win occasional hands in an attempt to keep you interested but only play now because i love the game, it passes the time, takes little thought because there’s little chance of winning so it relaxes your mind unless you want a chance to win. m content just to play for now and hope programmers change the game back to random/chance wins.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the review!
To respond to your points:
1. The "seen" feature. When the AI is first to act, the seen button allows you to say "I have seen the first discard" before the AI has a chance to play. It stops the AI from being able to pick up the first card before you have noticed it. It removes a potential advantage to the AI.
2. All the deals are random. There is nothing in the logic to respond to whether the AI is winning or losing, it just makes the best move it can make based on the current situation.
I hope this helps! If not, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
...that this Gin Rummy would be better than this....I’m so disappointed. My first full 500 point game, I critiqued by photo, but there is no photos here. This was my second 500 regular Gin Rummy game.
***It holds the cards I need, then when I discard a card because I didn’t’t think I would get it , it tosses out the exact card I needed to meld...maybe it needs another STAR for teasing players....I did discover that to goOut at the first chance
I got (10) because It somehow fools the AI.
***I appreciate the owners moving the winning score to 500 points...makes for a better game, but...
*** did you know It allows me to knock at 14?.?.?....new rules? I like the game...I think it has a good AI, but....not quite honest…***SUPPORT ACTUALLY ANSWERS...YA get another STAR for that...just don’t fail me, Kevin!!🎁🎄🎄🎄🎁🧑🏻🎄
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Coppercod Ltd
- 50.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Coppercod Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Classic Gin Rummy Premium $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.