Your new teaching assistant
Classroom turns your iPad into a powerful teaching assistant, helping a teacher guide students through a lesson, see their progress, and keep them on track. With Classroom, you can easily launch the same app on every student iPad or Mac at the same time or launch a different app for each group of students. Classroom helps teachers focus on teaching so students can focus on learning.
Assign Shared iPads to students
• Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student iPads
• Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used
• Log students out of Shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class
Start, focus, or pause student work
• Launch any app, website, or book for students with a tap
• Lock into a single app to help students focus
• Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
• Mute audio on student devices
See what your students see with Screen View
• See an overview of all student screens at once
• Focus on a single student screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share documents and links with your class using AirDrop
• Share to your entire class with just one tap
• Students can also share with you
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
• Show the great work your students are doing to the entire class
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student’s screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
• Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organize students using groups
• Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
• Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
• Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Great for use with both 1:1 and Shared iPad student devices
Supports IT-managed classes or teacher-created classes
All actions take place over the local network only
iPad with iOS 14.4 or later
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on both student and teacher devices
Students within Bluetooth range of the teacher running Classroom
• Easily share files with students as an action item in agendas
• Quickly find agendas with a new list view and ability to search and sort
Ratings and Reviews
So many issues!
As a teacher in middle school, I truly appreciate this app. It helps to make sure kids are on task and not just looking busy while playing a game. However, each time our roster changes at the end of a nine weeks it takes several weeks for the app to update to our new class rosters. This nine weeks we are six weeks into it and I still do not get to see my students online classes. They all show up as off-line even though we checked all the settings necessary. It has become a frustration. Whatever reason, each time I login I have to accept notifications again. Then when I “end a class” it takes me to a summary of the apps used rather than to my roster page. It is a love-hate relationship with this app currently. I would love to love it all over again soon!
Awful Horrendous Fury Inducing App
I work for a technological advancement company, and we basically help smaller companies set up their “tech stuff”. I originally used this app to keep track and help employees keep from getting distracted and logging into, ahem, questionable websites. However, not only did this app not work properly, but it actually helped them do their dirty deeds. it looked them into PH permanently and allowed them to sock all day long. We lost billions upon billions of dollars in a single day, all because desperate office employees were presented a once in a life time opportunity by this filthy disgusting evil application. Whatever you do, don’t download this. In fact, I encourage all of you to rate this 1 star along with me. Go play stumble guys instead💪🏼.
Good app, but needs just a few improvements.
I am a third grade teacher, and love to use this app. It makes my life so much easier when trying to navigate students to an app or website. When I use it and lock the app, so students can’t close it and get on something else it works beautifully. If I try and lock it on a website, students can click out of it. Students can click icons at the bottom of the webpages and manipulate their way out of the website to others. Needs to stop them if the address doesn’t contain the prefix to that website they were locked on. The other thing that would be helpful is an icon students can click on to send the teacher a message and vice versa, but not each other.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 24.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.