Clear-Com’s Agent-IC mobile app is designed for use with Clear-Com’s intercom systems such as the Eclipse HX Matrix Intercom, Encore Analog Partyline Intercom, and HelixNet Digital Network Partyline System. The virtual intercom control panel operates on all iPhone and iPads and connects from anywhere in the world over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi/IP networks.
Agent-IC delivers the same user experience as traditional intercom key panels. Even on the mobile device, the app is fully featured with Point-to-Point calling, Point-to-Multipoint group calling, Partyline, IFB communications with logic triggering, PTT (Push-to-talk), local cross-point audio level control, and notifications. All communication is encrypted to AES.
AGENT-IC HOSTED BY ECLIPSE HX
Agent-IC needs the Eclipse HX matrix intercom with virtual panel licenses enabled for operation. Accessing the app requires proper authorization and system pre-configuration from the organization’s system administrator using EHX. Once authentication is complete, authorized users can connect to their host Eclipse HX on iPhone or iPad as long as they are connected over any 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi/IP network.
Agent-IC installation is simple. Download and install the app on the mobile device. Enter the passcode provided within EHX and authentication will begin. A unique and secure connection will be established between the device and the host Eclipse HX intercom system. Once verified, the user is ready to communicate with any traditional, IP and Agent-IC users on the host Eclipse HX network.
AGENT-IC HOSTED BY LQ IP INTERFACES
Alternatively, Agent-IC can directly connect to LQ IP interface devices in order to link to any one of Clear-Com’s partyline systems. By doing so, Partyline users can speak directly to a remote contributor user on Agent-IC.
Accessing the app requires proper authorization and system pre-configuration via the LQ Core Configuration Manager (CCM). Once authentication is complete, authorized users can connect to their host Partyline system on an iPhone or iPad as long as they are connected over any 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi/IP network.
Agent-IC installation is simple. Download and install the app on the mobile device. Enter the passcode provided within CCM and authentication will begin. A unique and secure connection will be established between the device and the host Partyline intercom system. Once verified, the user is ready to communicate with any traditional intercom user on the Clear-Com network.
Various Bug fixes including audio issues on M1 or when running in background
Support for 24 keys on small iPad with Scroll control.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it! Would love it more to have an option to/or disable all sources selected to listen upon login. This can scare the **** out of you when everything comes blasting out of your speakers or headphones! An option in settings would be AWESOME! Disconnect/loss of service recovery would also be great. Lots of others I talk to in the industry complain of these as well. Thanks!
Good with Limitations
It’s an excellent intercom app, but CC limits the number of items you can display on the iPad to 15. The programming software allows programming of 23 items, and these will all display on an iPhone, with scrolling. The iPad would be a great interface if you could use them. Why limit the function??
Frustrating, but possibly a bright future for this app.
A bit of investment in development and publishing some user configuration manuals for corporate IT would pay out hugely. Here’s why.
1) Needs more robust app interface with wifi: when moving around a large corporate environment, com goes out when switching between WAPs. Signal doesn’t get re-established automatically. Must kill app, turn wifi off and on again, then relaunch app to regain coms. Conversely, for example, I routinely walk around with my phone switching between multiple WAP’s while connected to a call on MS Teams/WebEx/Zoom and my connection rarely drops. When it does, I get reconnected automatically.
2) Needs to integrate iOS permission to keep screen turned on: Wearing a mask (COVID + FaceID) and having a corporate IT policy which time’s out the phone screen after two minutes along with having to enter a long password is a killer. Conversely, I can navigate using Maps and Waze for hours without screen timing out. Probably an easy fix.
3) Kills the air pod batteries suuuuper fast. During a multi day live event last week, I had to swap AirPods every 20 minutes because the battery was draining that fast. Incredibly frustrating when my hands were full and coms were essential to my team’s success. Conversely, I watched the preshow, the entire presidential debate this evening AND a half hour post show wrap up on my single left AirPod using the CBS news app. Definitely worth investing in a developer to work this out.
If clearcom can address these issues, this would otherwise be a 5 star app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Clear-Com Research Inc
- 35.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021 Clear-Com LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.