Learn all the ways to spell sounds in words with:
- phonics stories
- fun games
- printable activities
English is a difficult language to learn to spell because there are so many ways to spell sound in words. Not only is English spelling confusing, but it can also be very boring!
This unique story based learning app makes sense of crazy English spelling and brings it to life.
With beautifully written and illustrated traditional picture book style stories full of words that show all the ways to spell sounds in words, fun interactive games and meaningful printable activities, Clever Speller makes spelling fun to learn and easy to remember.
Learn to spell in 2 simple steps:
1: hear sounds in words
2: know which letters to choose to spell the sounds
No more dry, boring spelling lists or disconnected worksheets!
Free to download:
Short E Focus Sound Set of story, games and activities:
- Short E phonics story 'My Best Friend Fred', with 72 spelling words showing 6 different ways that the Short E sound can be spelled, (any, said, says, bed, bread, friend)
6 fun interactive games for each story with fun special effects that kids just love!
- Level 1: Match words and pictures
- Level 2: Choose the correct spelling
- Level 3: Choose the correct words
- Level 4: Hear and spell tricky sight words
- Level 5: Reading comprehension
- Reward Game: Complete 3 different levels to earn a bonus arcade style game
- Chart showing 6 different ways to spell the focus sound
- Story on one page
- Word Cards
- Matching Words and Pictures Cards
- Choose Correct Letters Worksheet
- Choose Correct Words Worksheet
- Homophones Worksheet
- Word Wheel to Make
- Battlespell Game
Note: The Short E set teaches 6 different ways to spell Short E, which is why it has been included in the free to download version of the app. The Short A set has only 1 way to spell Short A and is a very simple sound to spell.
- Individual focus sound sets for Short A, I, O and U and Long A, E, I, O, U vowel sounds
- Printable activity booklets
- Discounted bundles
Complete Set Consists of:
- 10 Phonics stories for the Short and Long Vowel Sounds
- Over 1000 spelling words
- 100 printable activities
- 60 games
- 2000 printable activities
- Full of spelling words showing different ways to spell an individual focus sound
- All the ways to spell a focus sound are in one place
- Helps develop phonemic awareness
- Written in traditional picture book style
- Beautifully illustrated
- Colourful characters and engaging adventures
- ‘Read to Me’ or ‘Read Myself’ options
- Game content connected to stories
- 5 levels of difficulty
- Special effects
- Provides opportunity to practice multiple choice in a fun and stress-free setting
- Option to turn special effects on or off
- Inbuilt rewards
- Corrections shown if incorrectly answered
- Timing within games allow for discussion of answers
- Reward bonus game when 3 games completed
Printable Activities Features:
- Activity content connected to story
- Spelling, grammar, writing, reading comprehension, handwriting, colouring, games, planning and assessment forms and teaching resources
- Spelling words grouped into word families
- Words grouped from simple to complex
- Tricky sight words grouped by vowel sound
- Integrated learning activities across the curriculum
- Play based activities ideas
- Learning activities easily align with any spelling curriculum
- Available as individual focus sound sets or as discounted bundles
- No lock in contracts
- Designed to assist students with learning difficulties
- No collection of user data, links to external sites, ads or pop up rating requests
Handcrafted with love by a passionate teacher dedicated to making learning to spell a happy and successful experience for all.
1 complete focus sound set now free to download:
- Short E phonics story ‘My Best Friend Fred’, 6 games and 10 printable activities
This replaces previous version where first 3 pages of the story and game 1 of 10 focus sound sets were free to download.
User interface redesigned for improved experience.
- Clever Speller Pty Ltd
- 165.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Clever Speller Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Dance of the Fancy Pants Ants $1.99
- My Best Friend Fred Free
- Itchy Witch $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.