Clinical Pattern Recognition (CPR): Shoulder pain
(Updated for iOS 8! Make sure you update your device!)
• A powerful comprehensive app linking research to clinical practice
• Used in Residency and Fellowship training
• Used by some of the top programs in the United States
• Guideline based classification system for shoulder pain
• Intuitive user interface that mimics the clinical reasoning of a master clinician
• Common pain referral patterns link to common hypotheses including:
- Frozen shoulder (Adhesive capsulitis)
- Shoulder impingement (Subacromial pain syndrome)
- Shoulder instability (SLAP lesion, Bankart lesion)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Acromioclavicular joint sprain
• Hypothesized conditions link to their specific key findings and faulty movements
• Evidence based impairments are linked to their associated “ideal” interventions including:
- Manual therapy
- Movement re-education
- Therapeutic exercises
- Patient education
• Includes region specific red flag conditions for emergent referral
• Over 200 examination, movement analysis, manual therapy and exercise videos/pictures
• Multi-angle, High definition video with instructions
• Videos of how patients will present in the clinic
• Clinical reasoning videos for key findings, differential diagnosis, associated impairments, interventions and movement faults
• Direct links to PUBmed abstracts for all techniques (where research is available)
• Use clinical pattern recognition to develop your clinical reasoning “flow” or have quick access to all special tests/physical exam techniques, all manual therapy techniques or all exercise techniques
• Physical therapists/Physiotherapists
• Physical therapy assistants
• Osteopathic physicians
• Athletic trainers
• Clinicians managing patients with musculoskeletal conditions
• Medical professionals
• Anyone interested in rehabilitation for shoulder pain
*This app may require you to be temporarily connected to wifi for downloading.
- Major re-organization of content to facilitate improved reasoning development
- Implemented user feedback related to categorizing treatments based on purpose
- Categorized treatments related to associated impairments to minimize confusion with treatments for primary impairments
- Reorganized movement exam based on functional movements for easier integration
- Added new pain science content based on recent evidence
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
PT made easy!
By far one of the most comprehensive apps made for both physical therapy students and practicing professionals. It includes videos of a large array of techniques and discussions on clinical signs and how to recognize and treat patients who come to you with them. One of the best features of this app is that it is CONSTANTLY being updated with new features (streamlined for user-friendliness) as well as updated videos and new up-to-date references to back up the techniques and research discussed in the apps.
I would highly recommend this app for all students as well as working professionals who may find themselves stuck with a patient and can refer to this for better outcomes. You will not find any comprehensive PT app that is so user friendly and informational. Seriously, who wants to spend hours skimming through 10lb textbooks for an answer when you can watch and quickly apply it?
The Best Shoulder App
Do you ever feel like you have all these impairments swirling around your head but can’t seem to organize it into a clear pathway to treatment? Then this app is for you! This provides a database of common shoulder diagnoses and their impairments along with evidence-based treatments, at home exercises, differential diagnoses, and much more. This app is great for students and clinicians to use as a quick reference that can fit it your pocket! This app has made learning the shoulder and frankly my life much easier! I highly recommend this app!
Very impressive app!
As a physical therapy student, I couldn't ask for a better learning tool. This app goes above and beyond by listing out the common pain patterns/diagnoses you will see in the clinic along with the corresponding techniques including: physical exam, movement faults, special tests, and manual therapy. But it doesn't stop there! This app also includes treatment! The BEST part is that there are step by step videos for all of the techniques and treatment. I love that I can literally learn on the go and have everything organized into one app!
- Michael Wong
- 665.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Clinical Pattern Recognition, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.