Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create vertical and horizontal videos with immersive camera effects, artistic filters, dynamic music, animated text, emoji, stickers, and more.
Make quick videos
• Record vertical and horizontal video clips with simple controls
• Add photos and videos from your library to quickly create a multi-clip video
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations
• Easily adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
• Connect a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or trackpad to create videos quickly
Amazing camera effects and animations
• Record fun, immersive AR Spaces that turn your room into a rainbow light show, dance floor, confetti party, and more*
• Record expressive clips with the Memoji you make in Messages**
• Selfie Scenes place you within 360-degree video environments with special filters and sound effects**
• Apply artistic filters to turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration***
Captions, text, and posters
• Live Title captions are automatically generated as you speak and appear onscreen to match the timing of your voiceover
• Apply customizable text stickers to label elements in your videos and photos
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Fun stickers and emoji
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, illustrated stickers, and shapes to your photos and video clips
• Stick emoji, stickers, and text onto your face and watch them move with you
• Express even more emotions with the featured Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers
Complete your video with music
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 100 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to your Clips videos
• Quickly send your videos to friends and family via Mail and Messages
• Share directly to Instagram and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* AR Spaces require iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, or iPad Pro (2020 or later)
** Memoji and Selfie Scenes require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
*** Some effects require iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or iPad Pro (2017) or later
Clips 3.1.5 includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
• Adds support for log-encoded video recorded with iPhone 15 Pro.
• Fixes an issue where selecting Share Video would sometimes result in an empty clip saved to Photos.
Ratings and Reviews
great, but could be better
ok, so, i used to HATE using clips, because it could only do square shoots(like it would be in a square format), and they finally fixed that, i can finally shoot shoot and edit my videos in the format i love to use. one thing i wish they could fix/ add is how on the camera there’s an icon thing, like where it shows how zoomed in it is and you can just like touch and hold it to zoom in more, i would like if they could add that instead of where we have to use to fingers and spread them out. it would just be more convenient. i also wish they could add transitions for the videos, since like all the stuff is already there, and it would be hard to transfer all the videos and put different transitions in between the videos that are already together. i don’t know if anyone will see this, but if you do thanx for reading it, and i hope you can look into this. Edit: could you guys also make it where we can put in photos from other photo apps, i use google photos for my photos to clear up space on my phone, so i have to reinstate(excuse my poor wording) my photos from google photos onto my apple photos. this isn’t a big thing, but it would be great to add. Edit 2: it would also be great if you could make it where you could like make the text not go through the whole video, like where you can choose where the text starts and stops, this is also a problem on iMovie, but that’s a different review.
Kid friendly and super fun 🤩😍😍😍😍🤩🥳😎
I love clips because it is kid friendly and you can make videos like with your friends with your cousins anybody wanna make them with you can add cute little emojis you could put in pictures you could do so many cool things you can put on call filters, stickers and lots more. the only thing that I wish Clips would do is they made a posting app that you could post some of your videos because that would be super cool to share them with my friends and family but overall the app is super good. Sometimes there are some little bugs in there that you will be muted where there will be days where the app is down but overall it’s pretty good. Also me and my cousin we’re trying to FaceTime while we were doing clips. We both did a whole story on Clips but when we were gonna show each other, we realized that the Clips were muted, so if you’re on a call with someone if you’re watching something while you’re doing your Clips, it will mute you which I really think it’s annoying because you’ll be so much fun her to do it with your friend or your cousin. But I love this app I use it like every single day and I really think that it’s super good just like I said the only problem with it is that sometimes it has a few bugs but it’s usually really good and I wished that you could post, because that would be so cool. Thank y’all peace out! ✌️
Hello! So, my review for clips is that when I first got my iPad I explored the apps that I alr had downloaded. (Yk, the apps that come with your new device) and clips was one of them. I liked making clips, and over time, I had SOOOOO many good clips and took a break. And I forgot about clips. When I came back i was much older. I looked back on them and they were GREAT!!! So, I was thinking the same thing would happen. So I looked at more clips I made, and I made some new ones! And, oc I wanted to look at some, and it wouldn’t load. I understood though, bc it was a long clip. I went out of the clips menu and back and it was still loading. And then I did it again, but ALL MY CLIPS WERE DELETED!!! Well, not all, I was still left with some. And I got used to it, though. Plus I was left with a funny one. And sense I liked it so much I decided to do one that is similar to it. And when it was ready, o just had to wait, THE FUNNY ONE AND A COUPLE OTHER ONES THAT I WAS PROUD OF!!!!!!!!! and it was pretty glitchy too. I saw in the funny vid a filter that I liked and wanted to use in the new vid that was similar to it but i couldn’t find it! Although, ignoring all the bad stuff that happened it clips I like it and it’s a GRRRRREEEEAAAT APP!!! thank you for making this app apple! Thank you! 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🏾🏿🏾🏿🏾🏿🤙🏿🤙🏿🤙🏿
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 223.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2023 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.