Clips is a free app that lets you make fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time with simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Easily change the style of your title, adjust text and punctuation, or add inline emoji
Artistic effects and filters
• Turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Add warmth, impact, or drama to videos and photos with a selection of filters from the Camera app
• Use effects and filters while recording or apply them to photos and videos from your library
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends plus characters from Star Wars, Toy Story, and Inside Out
• Add emoji, animated speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Selfie Scenes with TrueDepth camera
• Make amazing selfie videos that take you out of reality and place you in fantasy worlds with immersive, animated backgrounds**
• Each scene is a 360-degree video that surrounds you on all sides as you move
• Choose from 20 unique scenes including an 8-bit video game, monster laboratory, and abstract painting
• Create a video onboard the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, underwater in Finding Dory, or downtown Municiberg from Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2
• Clips suggests people to share with based on who is in your video and whom you share with most often
• Tap a person in the share sheet to instantly send your video via Messages
• Send directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit all your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie scenes require an iPhone [or iPad] with TrueDepth camera system
• Use the new camcorder filter to give your videos a retro video camera look
• Choose from 8 new posters including options with solid backgrounds, colorful vintage designs, a classic blue camcorder recording screen, and an animated globe to celebrate Earth Day
• Create titles and captions with 3 new Live Titles styles featuring static text that appears all at once or animated text that highlights each word as it’s spoken
• Apply new 8-bit and 3D-styled stickers to add emphasis to your videos
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to new or existing Clips projects
• Duplicate and rename projects
• Share projects with friends via AirDrop or email, save them to Files, or upload them to cloud storage services with share extensions
• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
Ratings and Reviews
Apple Clips Rocks!
Apple clips is an amazing app. Probably better than some outstanding video making apps. It has great features like moving labels, posters and stickers to the feature where when you talk, words would match it on screen. Though it can freeze sometimes, it still is a great way for me and other people to make videos. Also, there should be a feature where you can add two songs into one video. I would also like if there was more selections to the free music. Plus, the music sometimes sounds to annoying. Other features I would like is if you can title
your projects or re-type things on posters, including special Disney ones. On the other hand, some features are one of the kind. For example, on IPhone X, you can have special screens in the background of your videos, like landscapes to the Millenium Falcon, without a green screen. In conclusion, this app is really helpful for creators but sometimes laggy. Overall, I gave this app 4 stars out of 5.
Please respond and read this 🙂🙂
Hi, Apple! 🤗🤗 So my brother said “It’s impossible to get the Clips app 1.0 for iPads”. I keep on telling him to do a lot of research about the app, so I can’t find any research either! 😫😫 Plus, all the iPhone versions only have the new Clips! 😪😪 What should I do? 😓😓 Should I find actual research for the older Clips? Or should I call you about the app so you can change it back to the older Clips? Please send me your response about this situation, and hopefully you change it back to Clips 1.0! 😝😝 (oh yeah and I totally remember that when Clips 1.0 was on my other iPad, i was really loving it! So, i was making some videos outside of my house! I really loved it 2 years ago! Ahhhh! 😆😆 but when I was talking, the Live Titles were getting a little bit messed up, due to my voice being kinda clear. *that is the point* And finally, I just wanna say, I sorta get bored of the new version of Clips, and what’s that “thing” in the top-right corner? Any ideas? If you have any ideas what that thing is, please send a response; PRONTO!!!! *LOL* Nice update btw. 🥰🥰🤤🤤 JUST ONE MORE THING!! When you start to see the intro in Clips, I’ve always wondered who that girl was. Doesn’t she have a name? Does she talk? I’ve always wanted to know. 👌😜 Cool app, though! 😺😺 *I’m trying to say, if this app gets the most 5-star ratings, then you can change it back to Clips 1.0!* I’ll be waiting! 👌😁
Could use a few things.
I would like to start off by saying that you need to get it!!! It’s AMAZING. I love this app. I’ve had it for a long time. Great for making skits, and just regular vids for YouTube/social media or just for your enjoyment.
Alright, I have some suggestions. Could you please add a feature where you can do voice over?? I would love to be able to do that. I would also like if you could allow better editing. For example, instead of just letting up trim the beginnings and ends, let us cut off some in the middle. I would LOVE it you could let us choose how long we want add the stickers or labels, because they just stay there the whole clip, and it gets annoying. One more thing. I would also like it if you could allow us to choose how long we want the music on the video. Thanks I hope you can make this happen
- Apple Inc.
- 171.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.