Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Videos made easy
• Clips lets you create videos in real time with simple controls — no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, or add them from your library
• Easily mute audio, adjust the length of your clips, and reorder them
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations to your photos and videos
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create animated titles and captions using just your voice
• Captions are generated automatically as you speak and match the timing of your voiceover
• Easily change the style of your title, adjust text and punctuation, or add inline emoji
Artistic effects and filters
• Turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Add warmth, impact, or drama to videos and photos with a selection of filters from the Camera app
• Use effects and filters while recording or apply them to photos and videos from your library
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends and characters from Star Wars, Toy Story, and Inside Out
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Selfie Scenes with TrueDepth camera
• Make amazing selfie videos that take you out of reality and place you in fantasy worlds with immersive, animated backgrounds**
• Each scene is a 360-degree video that surrounds you on all sides as you move
• Choose from 20 unique scenes including an 8-bit video game, monster laboratory, and abstract painting
• Create a video onboard the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, underwater in Finding Dory, or downtown Municiberg from Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2
• Tap a person in the share sheet to quickly send your video to friends and family
• Share directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie Scenes require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
• Choose from 19 animated emoji stickers including party poppers with confetti, revolving hearts, and bouncing musical notes
• Celebrate the holidays with 3 poster styles including an embossed snowflake card, red envelope for Lunar New Year, and glowing candles
• Support for Dark Mode and new Share sheet in iOS 13
• Provides performance and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app but with Instagram Stories and Snapchat constantly updating their stickers to reflect the season, I’m worried Clips will get lose in the shuffle. For instance, I want to make a Christmas themed movie, but only Summer is listed under the occasions. You would think Fall/Winter would be a no brainer.
It’s a shame because this app has so much potential, but there’s more content available on the other platforms, so I generally just import a video on one of the other two, add all my filters, stickers, text, etc. and just save it to my camera roll. By doing that, Clips just becomes a way to merge the videos, rather than edit them within the app. There are cool options, but with the right additions and more updates, things won’t get stale so fast. Would love to see them fix this, as it seems many users are begging for the same content.
Love the App, But I’ve got Suggestions
So, i COMPLETELY LOVE this app! I’ve been a user of it for a couple years now, but I have some quick suggestions! So, in every clip you make, your not able to move words aka “Text” while recording. I think it would be pretty cool if that were possible. Another one, I think it would SUPER cool, if there was Touch Magic. It’s pretty much where you have different Effects, that you can use your finger to drag across the screen as you record! It’s kinda like stickers, but instead of animated fire, it’s more realistic! Kinda like dragging and Aura Around a vid. Last one. I REALLLLLLLLLLY think it would be awesome if there were transitions, from clip to clip. For example, I make a clip, and in between the clips, there’s like..A blur, to kinda give a transition from a clip, to another clip! Thanks, that’s all! Hope one of these could happen!
No updates, flaws, and annoyance at your fingertips
I have the same problem as Barbib 3. The wheel keeps turning and nothing is happening. I have tried everything to try to get it to work, from exiting the app to powering off my phone. Nothing works. No matter what, that little gray wheel is still turning without getting anywhere. They say this version will fix bugs, and yet no one is fixing this vital flaw that doesn’t allow anyone to get new and updated versions.
Furthermore, the App Store has a notification and I can’t get rid of it because it won’t update. I don’t know about anyone else, but for me that little red circle is so annoying. Usually I can get rid of it in an instant. But now nothing is working and that infuriates me even more. Please fix this or I will be forced to delete the app. It’s not going anywhere.
The app itself is not the best, either. Once you put stickers in, they don’t go out and stay there for the entire clip. Same with the music, and when you are editing a video, you can only edit the end and beginning. Not the middle.
It is fun to make these, but creators, please notice these major flaws and improve them so that this app can be used as enjoyable and satisfactory as people have in mind, and then impress them even more!
I know I sound like someone who complains about everything, and I don’t mean to be. There are just major flaws. Please recognize and fix these as soon as possible.
- Apple Inc.
- 173.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.