Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Make quick videos
• Create videos in real time with simple controls—no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, and add them from your library
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations
• Easily adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
Amazing effects and animations
• Apply artistic filters to turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Record expressive clips with your favorite Animoji and the Memoji you make in Messages**
• Selfie Scenes place you in immersive, 360-degree environments and let you choose from 20 unique locations including a monster laboratory, outer space, and even the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars**
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Stick emoji, stickers, and text onto your face and watch them move with you
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends and characters from Star Wars, Toy Story, and Inside Out
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Complete your video with captions and music
• Live Title captions are automatically generated as you speak and appear onscreen to match the timing of your voiceover
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to your Clips projects
• Quickly send your videos to friends and family via Mail and Messages
• Share directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites using Share extensions
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie Scenes, Animoji, and Memoji require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
• Use Clips on iPad with a mouse, trackpad, or Bluetooth keyboard for new ways to create videos (requires iPadOS 13.4)
• Use the Duplicate button to instantly create a copy of a clip with all its effects
• Tap the Split button to divide any clip in two
• Make stickers pop on and off the screen—just split any clip and apply stickers to either of the two new sections
• Give your video the look of an 80’s arcade game with updated 8-bit stickers and the new Game Over poster
• Celebrate spring with the floral Springtime poster
• Choose from 11 new Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers, each with its own expressive animation
• Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app! Oh wait
I installed this app and I love it! I only wish you could do timeslaps without having to use my regular camera, and the recording it on the clip, it also does not record in
Slow mode. It lets you play music which is awesome, but you have to have the music play for the whole thing, which is kind of annoying sometimes, other than that, this is an awesome free app for people who want to start learning to make and edit videos.😄
So I would totally recommend this app! If you read some of the other reviews, it talks about crashing, I have never had this problem, I think it either needs updated, because when I tried to reinstall it after offloading it, It would not work, then I got a new notification saying there was an update for it, I updated it and then tried again and it worked, but it could also could be the device. Anyway, loved this app and I totally recommend it! 😄
So actually I wrote this just yesterday and got on clips today, and my some of my projects will not download, or play. ☹️
This is a big bummer, because I have worked hard on some of the projects that won’t work now, if you do get, or have clips, It might be best to only do like, ten projects, or it will not work. Well, now that that happened, I don’t really recommend it anymore.☹️
This used to be a five star app, but those days are gone now. Recent updates have made this app slow. There’s a notable delay when pressing the record button now that leaves your clips looking awkward and requiring trimming. I loved all the updates with new title cards as they were always top-notch and added quality to a video. I think Apple may have pushed this app too far in all the wrong ways. In both my iPhone 10S and iPhone 11 this app feels slow and sluggish. It’s a former glory of what it once was and I hope to see it return to that glory so I can update this review with a more positive outlook. I’m hoping Apple realizes that this is not and should not be iMovie so they can take a step back and grow this app to its full potential.
All-in-all it’s free, it is still great to use, and it’s fun to make little videos to send to your friends or family. I even use it to make little tutorial videos for work. I would recommend giving it a try. It’s intuitive and easy to use, albeit frustratingly slow at times to the point of unusable.
Out of all the editing apps I have this is my favorite one to use now I use to be frustrated how if you put a sound track on it made it play the whole video so in other words you couldn’t edit how long the music plays but all you have to do is well it doesn’t matter if it’s at the beginning middle or end of your video what you do is put the music on the part you want the music on save that clip video you made with the sound track and then you go on creating a new clips go to your videos and the part that you saved with your sound track will be there and then you can ad as much as you want. But anyways I love love absolutely love this app and it’s the easiest one to use,now you may think it sounded complicated when I was telling you how to use the sound track😅 but trust me it’s not just see for you self and try it it’s a lot easier than it sounds so anyways well done and I love this app😍👌👍
- Apple Inc.
- 193.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.