• Use the new camcorder filter to give your videos a retro video camera look
• Choose from 8 new posters including options with solid backgrounds, colorful vintage designs, a classic blue camcorder recording screen, and an animated globe to celebrate Earth Day
• Create titles and captions with 3 new Live Titles styles featuring static text that appears all at once or animated text that highlights each word as it’s spoken
• Apply new 8-bit and 3D-styled stickers to add emphasis to your videos
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to new or existing Clips projects
• Duplicate and rename projects
• Share projects with friends via AirDrop or email, save them to Files, or upload them to cloud storage services with share extensions
• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app but with Instagram Stories and Snapchat constantly updating their stickers to reflect the season, I’m worried Clips will get lose in the shuffle. For instance, I want to make a Christmas themed movie, but only Summer is listed under the occasions. You would think Fall/Winter would be a no brainer.
It’s a shame because this app has so much potential, but there’s more content available on the other platforms, so I generally just import a video on one of the other two, add all my filters, stickers, text, etc. and just save it to my camera roll. By doing that, Clips just becomes a way to merge the videos, rather than edit them within the app. There are cool options, but with the right additions and more updates, things won’t get stale so fast. Would love to see them fix this, as it seems many users are begging for the same content.
Apple Clips Rocks!
Apple clips is an amazing app. Probably better than some outstanding video making apps. It has great features like moving labels, posters and stickers to the feature where when you talk, words would match it on screen. Though it can freeze sometimes, it still is a great way for me and other people to make videos. Also, there should be a feature where you can add two songs into one video. I would also like if there was more selections to the free music. Plus, the music sometimes sounds to annoying. Other features I would like is if you can title
your projects or re-type things on posters, including special Disney ones. On the other hand, some features are one of the kind. For example, on IPhone X, you can have special screens in the background of your videos, like landscapes to the Millenium Falcon, without a green screen. In conclusion, this app is really helpful for creators but sometimes laggy. Overall, I gave this app 4 stars out of 5.
Love the App, But I’ve got Suggestions
So, i COMPLETELY LOVE this app! I’ve been a user of it for a couple years now, but I have some quick suggestions! So, in every clip you make, your not able to move words aka “Text” while recording. I think it would be pretty cool if that were possible. Another one, I think it would SUPER cool, if there was Touch Magic. It’s pretty much where you have different Effects, that you can use your finger to drag across the screen as you record! It’s kinda like stickers, but instead of animated fire, it’s more realistic! Kinda like dragging and Aura Around a vid. Last one. I REALLLLLLLLLLY think it would be awesome if there were transitions, from clip to clip. For example, I make a clip, and in between the clips, there’s like..A blur, to kinda give a transition from a clip, to another clip! Thanks, that’s all! Hope one of these could happen!
- Apple Inc.
- 171.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.