Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create and send a video message or tell a quick story with artistic filters, animated text, music, emoji, and fun stickers featuring characters from Star Wars, Disney•Pixar and more.
Make quick videos
• Create videos in real time with simple controls—no timeline, tracks, or complicated editing tools
• Record video, take photos, and add them from your library
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations
• Easily adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
Amazing effects and animations
• Apply artistic filters to turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Record expressive clips with your favorite Animoji and the Memoji you make in Messages**
• Selfie Scenes place you in immersive, 360-degree environments and let you choose from 20 unique locations including a monster laboratory, outer space, and even the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars**
Fun stickers, emoji, and posters
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, shapes, and customizable text labels to your photos and video clips
• Stick emoji, stickers, and text onto your face and watch them move with you
• Choose from dozens of animated stickers including Mickey Mouse and Friends and characters from Star Wars, Toy Story, and Inside Out
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Complete your video with captions and music
• Live Title captions are automatically generated as you speak and appear onscreen to match the timing of your voiceover
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 60 built-in soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to your Clips projects
• Quickly send your videos to friends and family via Mail and Messages
• Share directly to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular social media sites using Share extensions
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or 2017 iPad Pro or later required for some filters
** Selfie Scenes, Animoji, and Memoji require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
• Use Clips on iPad with a mouse, trackpad, or Bluetooth keyboard for new ways to create videos (requires iPadOS 13.4)
• Use the Duplicate button to instantly create a copy of a clip with all its effects
• Tap the Split button to divide any clip in two
• Make stickers pop on and off the screen—just split any clip and apply stickers to either of the two new sections
• Give your video the look of an 80’s arcade game with updated 8-bit stickers and the new Game Over poster
• Celebrate spring with the floral Springtime poster
• Choose from 11 new Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers, each with its own expressive animation
• Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app but with Instagram Stories and Snapchat constantly updating their stickers to reflect the season, I’m worried Clips will get lose in the shuffle. For instance, I want to make a Christmas themed movie, but only Summer is listed under the occasions. You would think Fall/Winter would be a no brainer.
It’s a shame because this app has so much potential, but there’s more content available on the other platforms, so I generally just import a video on one of the other two, add all my filters, stickers, text, etc. and just save it to my camera roll. By doing that, Clips just becomes a way to merge the videos, rather than edit them within the app. There are cool options, but with the right additions and more updates, things won’t get stale so fast. Would love to see them fix this, as it seems many users are begging for the same content.
Clips is a great app for making video rolls with amazing effects. It gives you so many abilities, even to add music! You can add multiple video clips to one project, and multiple projects at the same time! It’s so fun! I am known as a genius at making video clips thanks to it😇.
Some downsides are that you can’t record time-lapse in it, so you have to do it through your camera app and it will eat up your storage( it has to remain intact in your storage to be in the clip ). Also if you record a slo-mo, and put it in to the project, it just won’t have the slo-mo effect. The last one is that you can’t choose different music in one clip. You have to choose one soundtrack for the whole clip. The problem with this Is that some parts of the project don't set the theme in the music.
I love clips. Spreading the app to my other friends has made them thank me for it😆. But some things better edited. Just some little smudges needed to be erased. But otherwise, Great app!
Ok so I got clips about a year ago and absolutely LOVED it. I don’t know if it’s just me or if it’s something wrong with the app, But 3 weeks ago,(or maybe 4) It started messing up every time I closed out the app and came back. For example, A few minutes ago I was making a video and then it froze so I closed out the app, and tried again. When I went back to the app, everything except two clips had been deleted somehow. The reason I still gave this app 4 stars is because I think that it could’ve just been my iPad. (Because I barely have any storage left so that might effect the app) Anyway, besides that stuff, this app is amazing.🤩 I love that it lets you add background music. I have made so many videos and I truly do love this app.😊
It’s a month later now and it literally does this on every single video I make. I still think it could just be my iPad but I’m changing my review to three stars because I work really hard on every single video and every time I go off of clips it deletes everything except for two clips. I think it is just me, but if it’s not, I really hope they will change it.
It's June 24 now and I really don't want to say this but whenever I think about how much hard work I do to make the video, and then how it all gets deleted, I'm starting to think I kind of...hate this app. And, Now, instead of deleting all but 2 clips, it deletes all of them. I REALLY hope they will change it. Like, REALLY. I also changed it to 2 stars.
- Apple Inc.
- 193.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.