CloseNet is a messaging app that uses cutting edge nearby networking technologies, allowing you to share content securely without using an internet connection. Easily find people around, chat individually or create groups (both private and public), and start sharing! No registration or login required.
* Find nearby people with the radar locator view.
* Discover and create new collaboration loops in the vicinity and request to participate.
* Polls: let everyone in a loop to weigh in on topics of interest and decisions.
* Quickly find content previously shared using the containers feature on each loop.
* Create exchange environments in an instant and invite close by colleagues to join.
* Background mode: let others to find and interact with you even when you are not using the phone.
* All conversations are secure using point to point encryption.
* No servers are involved, no traces behind, all shared content lives on each device only.
* In-app passcode protection.
* Touch ID enabled.
* Bluetooth Low Energy: used to find people nearby and exchange content even when your are not using your phone with a very low impact on battery life.
* WiFi: uses local networks to enable fast content transfer. Even though the app uses WiFi, no internet connection is needed.
* In order for the application to work at its best, both WiFi and Bluetooth should be enabled on your device.
* Bluetooth signal coverage may vary depending on your environment and device.
* In order for the background feature to work properly, the application MUST be running on the background. Note if you close it, for example, by removing it from the app switcher, the background mode will be disabled.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
My guess is that you should avoid this one just to be safe, doesn’t open on phone so not sure how it made it to this stage except nefarious reasons
App won’t even open
Downloaded today. App won’t open after registering. Uninstalled five minutes after download.
Support for future iOS
Please creator please update the app for future iOS updates because we can’t use it
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.