Problems/suggestions/issues/questions: Check out the troubleshooting notes below. If they don't help, please email me at email@example.com to help sort them out!
CloudClip lets you automatically share your clipboard items between all your devices.
On the Mac: Any time you copy something to the clipboard, it automatically syncs to iCloud. Open CloudClip on your iOS device to access it.
On the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Copy something to the clipboard, open CloudClip to start the sync, and then access it from the CloudClip menu on your Mac.
Works between all your Macs and iOS devices!
Tap an item:
Phone number - Dial or text message
Web address - Opens in your browser
Location - Opens in maps
Email Address - Opens an email
Anything else - Copies to clipboard
Swipe left or long press on an item for more options, or tap the detail button to read long clips.
It's very handy.
Automatically syncs your last 15 clipboard items. Easily clear items individually by swiping left on the item, or all at once in the app's Settings.
Check out the Settings to also set:
- Whether to automatically add clips
- Choose your favorite browser and Maps app
- View help and troubleshooting tips.
- Requires iCloud.
- Mac sync requires CloudClip Manager for Mac, available for free in the Mac App Store.
- For older operating system users: OS versions older than OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 are not compatible with newer OS versions. See our website for more information.
If things don't seem to be working properly, try the following on all your devices. (iCloud settings are found at Settings -> iCloud on your iOS devices, and System Preferences -> iCloud on your Macs.)
- Check all your devices are using the same iCloud account.
- Check iCloud Drive (or Documents & Data for older operating systems) is enabled on all your devices. (See below for notes on iCloud Drive.)
- Try restarting your devices.
- Try disabling and then re-enabling iCloud Drive on your devices.
- See our website for more information on using CloudClip with older versions of iOS and OS X.
If those don't seem to do the trick, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
URL SCHEME SUPPORT
cloudclip://add/(url encoded text)
• Fixes and improved error handling that will hopefully help with some of the sync issues some users have been experiencing.
• Updates to some of the troubleshooting notes that were getting a bit out of date.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app ❤️
Hello app developer you really made a wonderful app thanks a lot. This app solved my problems especially I copy something one device and shows up to my other devices thats really fantastic. Everything is great except one or two things. The first one wish to see “share” / “open” to another app like posting to Facebook and other app. And the second one may not necessary but wish to have security pin or Touch ID to protect all my copies. Hope these two things you may add them in the next update. Once I see update I’ll come and add more star with new review. Thank you again. 🙏🙏🙏
It just WORKS.
If you're in the market for a clipboard that follows you from iOS device to Mac and back again, CloudClip is the app you want. The best part is that, after initial setup, you don't even have to think about it and the app works! (Seriously - how many apps that should work like that simply DO NOT?!?)
I've tried a BUNCH of cross-device/synced clipboard apps and this one works TONS better than even its most hyped competitors. Kudos and sincere thanks to the Thinkbitz developers for making a rugged piece of software that works just like we want it to AND better than expected!
[update] Still good, but not great
[update] I guess I spoke/(wrote) too quickly the first time. It seems that the user DOES have to relaunch this app every time you want it to record what's on the clipboard. Evidently having an app running in the background continuously is a no-no in Apple's view of the world (and, yes, that restriction conserves power… so I can't complain too loudly).
CloudClip is still a nicely implemented syncing app, but its not the panacea clipboard history app that I originally hoped it was.
I've been looking for an app like this for a long time… its basically a clipboard history manager. I use something like this ALL the time on my Mac, and I've missed this functionality on my iOS devices since I first started using them.
I've tried other apps that time out and make you relaunch them to function (which kind of defeats the purpose… I never remember that I want to save something on my clipboard until I clip over it).
And it's from the same developer that created the Grazing browser app, which is my browser of choice on all my iOS devices.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.