CloudTrax is a free cloud-based network controller that helps you build, manage and monitor wireless and wired networks from anywhere in the world.
With the CloudTrax app, you can create a network from your iOS device, view the status of your access points and switches, see connected users and their usage, update your network settings and much more. Switch between your mobile app and the full controller at CloudTrax.com seamlessly.
• Free cloud-based management for your Open Mesh wireless networks through an app or browser. No need to be on-site.
• Easy, wizard-driven setup process for new networks. Simply scan an access point with your camera to add it to your network.
• Four SSIDs per network, including public for guests and private for staff.
• User access control and monitoring, including splash pages*, voucher*, rate limiting and client blocking capabilities.
• 24x7 network monitoring and alerting.
• Limited view mode to allow customers to view network status without access to tools and settings.
Open-Mesh is about smarter, simpler WiFi. Our cloud managed wireless mesh networks make it easy to spread an Internet connection throughout a hotel, apartment, office, campus, cafe, large home—and just about anywhere else. CloudTrax is used in more than 83,000 networks today.
- Added support for routers
Ratings and Reviews
No longer functional
This app served it's purpose well up until recently. Currently using an iPhone XS and app is inoperable. When attempting to log in and entering appropriate credentials, the app then wants you to create a new network rather than display networks already created. This is not an issue when accessing using a browser. I fear this is another result of the ongoing decommission of the Open Mesh platform.
I think the app is great. Gives you status of your network, shows all users/devices on the network over a given history of time, shows a pie chart of where data is being used, maps your network in the neighborhood you live and shows other WiFi networks by map, allows you to change settings for WiFi, refresh, reboot, change security, actively revoke users should you want to, set up multiple SSiD, set a splash screen, set up PayPal for paid WiFi use, etc. I couldn’t be happier with the app. I use beta version on iPhone X.
Have been using app for several years. Mostly for replacing original OM2P nodes with MR-xxxx series that are now affordable on ebay. It’s very adequate for checking traffic, AP coverage, etc.
A few quirks that I’ve found were with hardware not this app. Example: if AP comes up in repeater mode (1 hop) but is has ethernet cable, be sure to cycle power to device after you know ethernet is good, or it will go forever into slower, repeater mode.
After making changes to network hardware, give it an hour or two to sync up with the cloud.
App doesn’t have a way to check firmware, etc. but that DOES make it less techie and more approachable by folks looking for 1 step up from dumb Wifi.
5 stars for showing near-realtime status, ability to add/remove/replace nodes, and traffic per AP and for network.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Open Mesh, Inc.
- 10.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019 Open Mesh, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.