More than just a picture gallery of clouds, CloudySky is an easy to use and complete pocket field guide for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that will help you to enjoy and better understand clouds by QUICKLY identifying their names and characteristics.
Just look up in the sky and get your head in the clouds. Take your time. This is not learning as a test, but learning for your enjoyment. When you are out for a walk the clouds are there for you to enjoy, and with CloudySky in your hands you will appreciate them even more.
Look at the clouds around you and then take CloudySky out of your pocket, purse or bag and quickly learn the names and characteristics of the clouds at your own pace. You will be surprised and pleased how over time your appreciation of clouds will grow and your enjoyment of them, with the knowledge you get with CloudySky, will increase.
- A beautiful cloud chart/photo collage that gives you an overview of the ten main types of clouds
- A photo index of all the major cloud types grouped by the major elevation categories (étages)
- A detailed view of each cloud type that gives you quick access to everything you would like to know about that cloud type
- A photo index of all the species, varieties, supplemental features and accessory clouds for each cloud type
- A chart with all of the symbols used in weather maps for every cloud
- Over 100 stunning photos to help you identify the cloud you are looking at
- Useful, authoritative and detailed explanations of how clouds form, what their distinguishing features are, how they are categorized and a history of how the clouds came to be named as they are
- Beautiful full size views on your iPad
- Take photos from within the app. Share with your friends via e-mail, Twitter and Flickr
So, get CloudySky and get your head in the clouds!
iOS 12 compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding Field Guide app
Three reasons why this is a great app: 1)Cloudy Sky's immense educational values are equaled by it's easy use. 2) I have a number of resource books on cloud spotting and this app condenses a truly impressive amount of that information. 3) It's availability on an IPhone makes it a grand instrument to use frequently outside. I highly recommend this app.
I love this app! It has bugs, though...
Like the review, the app is absolutely fantabulous! I'm a teenaged meteorology geek and I say this app is perfect for what I want to record and know about clouds. I didn't know there were subspecies of clouds, like fractus and mamma. Then, there are the bugs. After my third cloud log in a row, it has a tendency to crash. I have to close the app and turn my phone off and on (but whatever, I'm not that lazy). Then when I log the clouds, it will choose the first subspecies when I specifically tap on the camera for a different type of cloud, so I have to go and change it all over again. But overall, five definite stars because this app rocks. It's so helpful to my dream job (which is, of course, a meteorologist) and it helps you predict weather without a radar (looking at you, weather person on TV!), so yay on that :).
Fantastic--more than I imagined
I've had this app for awhile now-- happy to have found it for my bit of interest in clouds. The wonderful thing is that I keep finding out how much it offers-- great photos that help one see distinctions, easily accessed info about cloud types (and subtypes) including helpful info such as the likelihood of precipitation from each type. Really an excellent, smooth app, so glad the developer keeps it going!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.