** “Clue is knowledge about your cycle, about science, about yourself.” ** — Apple
** The top free period tracker app ** — Obstetrics & Gynecology, a publication of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
Clue is the #1 period tracker app that uses science and research to help demystify your menstrual cycle. Join millions of users who trust Clue for spot-on period predictions, helpful reminders for when to expect symptoms like PMS, and accurate ovulation and fertility tracking. The Clue experience is reliable, scientific, and straightforward: no flowers, pink, or butterflies—just the sort of knowledge about your cycle that you can use every day!
Do you ever wonder if your mood swings and cravings are hormonal? Take the guesswork out of your biology and let Clue show you what your menstrual cycle is telling you. Track over 30 health categories and start to see the patterns! Everything from your menstruation to birth control, mood, and sex habits can all be tracked and customized based on your preferences.
Can’t remember the date of your last period? Clue keeps your cycle history organized and accessible — perfect for visits to your healthcare provider or gynecologist.
Use Clue to:
* Track your period, flow heaviness, and the menstrual products you use
* Receive accurate predictions and calendar reminders before your next period, PMS, and ovulation
* Monitor and track your mood, sex, energy levels, cervical fluid, and more
* Easily view your past cycles, and spot trends and averages
* Know your ovulation and fertile days, and log your BBT temperature
* Log your birth control and set pill reminders
PERIOD TRACKER & PERIOD PREDICTIONS
* Accurate period predictions, even for those with irregular cycles. Know when your period is about to start!
* Clue learns from the data YOU put in. The more you use it, the smarter it gets
HEALTH ALERTS & CYCLE CALENDAR
* Set personalized reminders for your next period, PMS, ovulation and fertile window
* Get pill reminders and log birth control
* View period, PMS and fertility predictions for your next three cycles
OVULATION & FERTILITY TRACKING
* Plan for pregnancy with the ovulation calculator and fertility predictions
* Log your Basal Body Temperature (BBT) —perfect if you're trying to conceive
UNDERSTAND THE SCIENCE BEHIND YOUR CYCLE
* Personalized analysis of your current and past cycles: easily view your averages!
* Read in-depth information about the menstrual cycle, complete with medical and scientific references
Upgrade to Clue Plus and access an enhanced analysis of your cycles and forecasts based on the health categories you track in the app.
1-month subscription for $0.99
12-month subscription for $9.99
After you choose one of our plans and confirm your purchase, the payment will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes Account. Once purchased, subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
If you decide to renew your subscription, your account will be charged the same amount you paid for your initial subscription within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. At any time you can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings on your device after the purchase.
Note: Clue Period & Cycle Tracker should *not* be used as a contraceptive.
We use gender-neutral language to make Clue accessible for anyone with a cycle. Join us in our mission to advance menstrual health for everyone.
Get answers to your questions about periods, sex, and menstrual health at helloclue.com
We love hearing from Clue users. Send your feedback, questions, and suggestions to email@example.com
Terms of Service: https://www.helloclue.com/terms.html
Hello from Clue! We update our app regularly to make your period tracking even more accurate and seamless.
If you run into any trouble, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Need reminders to take your birth control pills on time each day? **
Here’s how to set them up:
1) From the Cycle View home screen, tap on the Menu icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
2) Tap on Reminders. You’ll have the option of activating your birth control reminder as well as other reminders on this screen.
3) Tap on the Birth Control reminder.
4) Select your Pill Type and Pill Pack. Your pill type will either be a Combined pill or a Mini-pill. The Pill Pack selection will determine your notification frequency for when to take the hormonal pills and the placebo pills. Here, you have the option to select among 28 pills, 21 pills, or “Other”. If you select “Other” you’ll still be able to set reminders. Simple! #NowYouKnow
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, but a suggestion
I really love clue, it’s a really easy place to keep track of everything related to my cycle.
One thing I would like to suggest is to allow us to choose if we want to log our flow (or other things) multiple times a day or just once like it is now. Personally I would love to be able to mark my flow each time I use the restroom/change my tampon/pad and have clue give me the average flow for that day. I just thought this would be a nice option since I know I sometimes have trouble deciding what I want to mark a whole days flow as (like if I’m light in the morning and night but heavy in the middle of the day).
Another part of this would be to be able to log the time (if you choose), like if I get my period at 11 pm (when I normally get it in the morning). I have a really hard time remembering when I got my period and most of the time if it starts later at night it’ll go an extra day long. So it would be nice to be able to see what time I got my period, and (if marking the time for each restroom break) over time you could be able to recognize patterns of your flow throughout each day of your period.
Just a couple of thoughts, but I love this app. Thanks in advance for reading my suggestions!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the nice review and we think your feedback makes total sense! We’ve forwarded your suggestions to the product team so they can be aware of some of the things you’d like to see added into the app. In the meantime, we hope you continue enjoying Clue! - Clue Support
Let me start by saying I have been using this app for around 4 years now and I love it! But ever since it came out with the whole “premium membership” thing I miss some aspects that I used to have. I no longer receive emails basically as a summary of my last cycle and I used to look forward to receiving those, it helped me get a better understanding of my cycle. And I don’t know if that is a feature in the premium membership I just noticed that when the app came out with premium membership I stopped receiving those emails, and personally I think that’s something everyone should have the privilege of receiving premium membership or not. But i also wish the app was a little more descriptive with its data, or at least had more options. For exercising I wish it had more options, it only has things like running and swimming but what about those who weight lift or walk? There are other things I wish it had as well like dizziness or how much you ate in a day or anxiety/depression, some of these things may already be on there some of them may not but I still think it’s good to have them/look into more options to collect data for. Overall, this app is great with tracking my period I just wish it went a little more in depth and helped you understand what all of it meant like it used to.
Love this app (and a suggestion)
I have used Clue for years and I love it! It has helped me learn about my cycle and take control of my healthcare needs in a way I’ve never experienced. The only suggestion I have is that I wish I could track pregnancy in it as well- as far as I know there is a pregnancy option but it basically shuts down projections and eliminates the data from that time in the analysis. I don’t want to track fetal development or anything like that but it would be great if I could track my symptoms and experiences associated with pregnancy without having to mark a cycle as inactive. I had a miscarriage last fall and as we have started trying to get pregnant again I have wished that data was more available so I could see patterns and trends on months when I was pregnant compared to months that I wasn’t. As it is, when you say a cycle is inactive it won’t show you what day you were suspected to have ovulated, etc. which would be really valuable in trying to conceive. I really do appreciate this app and the work you are doing on it- I just wish it could track additional information and normalize the pregnancy experience without skewing or losing data. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Hi ! Thanks for your sweet feedback :) Please keep in touch. Let us know if there's anything we can do better and write us a message to email@example.com. With <3 from Berlin, Ana
- BioWink GmbH
- 155.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © BioWink GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month $0.99
- 12 Months $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.