The only movie collection app with official IMDb data! Catalog your DVD / Blu-ray collection. Just scan barcodes with your camera!
Subscription: $14.99 per year / free 7-day trial
Use our CLZ Core service to easily add movies, either by:
1. scanning barcodes with your device camera.
2. searching our online movie database by title
3. pasting the IMDb Number or IMDb URL
Automatically download official IMDb cast & crew and IMDb Ratings/Votes. Also get cover images, plot summaries, trailer videos, backdrop art, etc...
Use our CLZ Cloud service to:
* Share your app subscription to other mobile devices, without paying again.
* Sync your movie database between devices (e.g. your phones and tablets).
* View and share your movie list online, using the CLZ Cloud viewer website.
* Always have an online cloud-backup of your collection database.
* Sync data to/from our Movie Collector or Movie Connect software (separate purchase).
Other app features:
* Keep track of your collection and your wish list.
* Edit movie entries to add more details, like location, owner, notes, rating, etc.
* Update IMDb Ratings & Votes with the latest data from IMDb, updated *daily*!
* Group movies into folders, e.g. by format, director, genre, year, etc...
* Sort movie lists by title, release date, purchase date, runtime, IMDb rating, etc...
* Cool "infographic" style Statistics page with top 5 lists and charts.
* View your collection as a list or as a "cover wall".
* Questions or concerns? Just contact us! *
We love to hear your feedback, we are here to help with any problems or concerns.
In the app, tap the menu icon top left, then choose Contact Support.
* Subscription pricing *
CLZ Movies is a subscription app:
* $1.49 per month, when paying monthly
* $14.99 per year, when paying yearly (~ $1.25 per month)
The subscription lets you:
* use of the app on multiple phones and tablets
* access our CLZ Core online movie database, for full movie details, official IMDb cast/crew, cover art and daily updated IMDb Ratings/Votes
* use our CLZ Cloud system, for syncing between devices, backups and online sharing
* use our excellent customer support by email, 7 days a week
* download our regular app updates with new features and improvements
You can start a 7-day free trial from the app's start-up screen. The free trial automatically continues into the subscription of your choice. You can cancel your subscription anytime through the App Store.
About auto-renewable subscriptions:
* The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm the purchase.
* The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
* You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Faster CLZ Cloud syncing!
Several structural changes to the CLZ Cloud syncing, making it much much faster than before, especially when syncing large amounts of entries up or down.
Note that most of the performance improvements are in the actual Sync with CLZ Cloud screen. The Auto-Syncing in the background is also slightly faster now, but if you need to sync many entries, please use the CLZ Cloud screen.
* New design for Sync with CLZ Cloud screen
While we were at it, we decided to do a quick make-over for the Sync screen, with a new look and layout and a direct link to your CLZ Cloud page online.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is Excellent
Well, I missed the chance to buy this app, because I was angry about two other apps not acknowledging that I owned them. That has been taken care of. I was also annoyed about having to create an account.
I am annoyed by the shift to the subscription model. This definelty benefits the devs and Apple. I believe this is more Apple than the devs. However, I see the benefit for devs and consumers. I have purchased many apps and I have watched many great apps disappear. Devs are not running a non-profit. They need revenue. This is kind of their fault with the gimmicky .99 cent of "gone free for a day (or week) to gain traction in the app-store. I do not like rewarding Apple for being a controlling parasite. When possible I subscribe directly.
That said, the cost of this subscription is very, very reasonable. I have been in contact with the devs and I could of been nicer. The dev was always courteous to me. They graciously resolved one issue and the other corrected itself (oddly after I signed out of the new CLZ account that I created). When I get all my media back from storage and add it to the relevant apps, I will most likely go pro or premium. Why go through the trouble of adding all my media if the app isn't around?..
Still 5 stars
I know people are going to 1 star just because there is a subscription now, while there is a subscription and it’s offered to anyone new users and previous purchasers, people who previously purchased this app lose nothing they still have access to everything the had before forever. If you want access to the few new features that you don’t then you have to pay a reasonable price for the sub, none of these new features are in any way required for app functionality. New users will have to pay the sub for full access to what you are grandfathered into and the new features. While I generally don’t like subscriptions I don’t mind them if they aren’t a money grab and the steady income is used to maintain servers/databases and constantly keep the app updated. I don’t think I need a subscription but since CLZ has been such a great resource for me for many many years I’m definitely going to try it for a month. Keep up the great work on this app it’s value is truly immeasurable for me.
Developer Response ,
Hi Heftybags, thank you! I am happy to see that you *did* understand our grandfathering :-) Now let's try and get everyone to that point.
Excellent Cataloging App
Scan your disc’s barcode (or add by an online search or add manually) and the entry pops up with all the IMDB info automatically entered plus there’s a ton of other fields to get as detailed with the info as you’d like. There’s also a notes field if you need to add info that doesn’t have a field for it.
Indicate whether you’ve watched the disc or not with a tap, search by a large number of choices (not just by title—actor, year, discs you haven’t watched yet so you only look at stuff you haven’t yet watched & many others).
I’ve emailed the developer a few times since I started using this app a few years ago, and he’s always been responsive and very helpful. I highly recommend this app to have full usage of your collection! We no longer have to endlessly flip through our stuff trying to figure out what to watch!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your 5-star review Dave! We're happy you're using and enjoying the app so much!
- Bitz & Pixelz BV
- 51.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Collectorz.com
- In-App Purchases
- CLZ Movies (Pay Monthly) $1.49
- CLZ Movies (Pay Yearly) $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.