Catalog your 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD collection. Just scan their barcodes.
The only movie database app with an official IMDb data license!
Pricing: $14.99 per year. Free 7-day trial.
* Keep track of your collection and your wish list
Organize your movies and TV series. All movie formats are supported, including 4K UHD, Blu-ray, DVD, HD-DVD, LaserDisc, VHS, UMD video, etc..
* Easily add movies to your movie inventory, using our CLZ Core online movie database
Three ways to catalog movies:
1. scan barcodes
2. search by title
3. search by IMDb Number or IMDb URL
* Automatically download movie details, cover images and more
Get full movie info straight from IMDb, like cast, crew, plot, episode lists, IMDb Ratings & Votes (updated daily!), audience ratings (like MPAA, BBFC, etc..).
Our own Core database also gives you cover art, trailer videos, backdrop art, etc...
* Edit your movie entries to add personal info
Like purchase date / price / store, location, rating, notes, etc..
Edit films one by one or use Edit Multiple for batch editing many movies in one go!
** Use our CLZ Cloud service to:
1. Share your app subscription to other mobile devices, without paying again.
2. Sync your movie library between devices (e.g. your phones and tablets).
3. View and share your movie collection online, using the CLZ Cloud viewer website.
4. Always have an online cloud-backup of your movie organizer database.
5. Sync data to/from our Movie Connect web-based software (separate subscription).
** View collection totals and charts in the Statistics screen
Total movies and TV series, most recent additions, charts by format, by genre, by director, by actor by IMDb rating and by release year.
** Browse, sort, group and search your movie inventory in many ways
Browse your collection as a list or as a "cover wall" with resizable cover thumbnails!
Sort by title, year, runtime, IMDb rating, date added etc.. Group your movies into folders by format, direct, genre, year, etc... Or just use the search box top right.
** Questions or concerns? Just contact us! *
We love to hear your feedback, we are here to help with any problems or concerns, 7 days a week. In the app, tap the menu icon top left, then choose Contact Support.
** Subscription pricing *
CLZ Movies is a subscription app, costing:
* $1.49 per month, when paying monthly
* $14.99 per year, when paying yearly (~ $1.25 per month)
For this subscription fee, you get:
* usage of this movie organizer app on multiple phones and tablets
* access to our Core online movie database, for full movie details, official IMDb cast/crew/plot, cover art, trailers, backdrops & daily updates to IMDb Ratings and Votes
* access to to our CLZ Cloud system, for syncing between devices, backups and online sharing
* regular app updates with new features and improvements
* access to our excellent customer support by email, 7 days a week
You can start a 7-day free trial from the app's start-up screen. The free trial automatically continues into the subscription of your choice. You can cancel your subscription anytime.
** About auto-renewable subscriptions:
* The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm the purchase.
* The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
* You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Improved messaging for account status
- Update from Core could remove local web-links
Ratings and Reviews
The app is Excellent
Well, I missed the chance to buy this app, because I was angry about two other apps not acknowledging that I owned them. That has been taken care of. I was also annoyed about having to create an account.
I am annoyed by the shift to the subscription model. This definelty benefits the devs and Apple. I believe this is more Apple than the devs. However, I see the benefit for devs and consumers. I have purchased many apps and I have watched many great apps disappear. Devs are not running a non-profit. They need revenue. This is kind of their fault with the gimmicky .99 cent of "gone free for a day (or week) to gain traction in the app-store. I do not like rewarding Apple for being a controlling parasite. When possible I subscribe directly.
That said, the cost of this subscription is very, very reasonable. I have been in contact with the devs and I could of been nicer. The dev was always courteous to me. They graciously resolved one issue and the other corrected itself (oddly after I signed out of the new CLZ account that I created). When I get all my media back from storage and add it to the relevant apps, I will most likely go pro or premium. Why go through the trouble of adding all my media if the app isn't around?..
Still 5 stars
I know people are going to 1 star just because there is a subscription now, while there is a subscription and it’s offered to anyone new users and previous purchasers, people who previously purchased this app lose nothing they still have access to everything the had before forever. If you want access to the few new features that you don’t then you have to pay a reasonable price for the sub, none of these new features are in any way required for app functionality. New users will have to pay the sub for full access to what you are grandfathered into and the new features. While I generally don’t like subscriptions I don’t mind them if they aren’t a money grab and the steady income is used to maintain servers/databases and constantly keep the app updated. I don’t think I need a subscription but since CLZ has been such a great resource for me for many many years I’m definitely going to try it for a month. Keep up the great work on this app it’s value is truly immeasurable for me.
Developer Response ,
Hi Heftybags, thank you! I am happy to see that you *did* understand our grandfathering :-) Now let's try and get everyone to that point.
I am really enjoying this app. It is very easy to use. The ability to scan barcodes works great with my iPad camera. Adding by title works quite well also. A great feature is The Box collection which adds all of the individual tiles in a set automatically and the record indicates in which set the title is found. The folder search is incredibly detailed and easy to use.
The ability to add Personal information such as location, price, and tags was the deciding factor for me. A previous product I tried didn’t have that ability and even though a title was in the database, I still had to search for it! Syncing to the cloud is fast and allows me to use the app on my phone also. The personal online webpage was a pleasant surprise.
The support staff reached out by email within a day of me signing up to welcome me to the service and then responded quickly and efficiently to several questions. The answers to my questions were direct and specific not canned automatic replies. Very polite and respectful to me, the customer.
I have had this app less than a week and have already added 592 titles! The embedded movie clips and plot summaries are a fun way to revisit titles not watched in a while and in some cases I even forgot I had. Great app and service which exceeded my expectations!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bitz & Pixelz BV
- 36.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © Collectorz.com
- In-App Purchases
- CLZ Movies (Pay Monthly) $1.49
- CLZ Movies (Pay Yearly) $14.99