**NEW & IMPROVED, REDESIGNED, MORE POWERFUL CNBC APP**
CNBC has a new app that brings the world of Wall Street to you with breaking news alerts, watchlists, global market data and CNBC TV. Access the power of CNBC to get the latest business, tech, finance news and more!
Below are some of the new features added for you:
- Daily Live TV Free Preview – Watch a daily free preview of CNBC's live TV stream
- Personalized News Alerts – Choose alerts by category: Technology, Economy and more
- Customizable News Section – Create your own customized news feed by selecting your favorite topics, and save stories for later
- "For You" News – Personalized recommendations based on your interests
- Quotes – More powerful interactive charts and quote data
- More Watchlists – Add up to 100 watchlists, each with up to 100 quotes
- iPad Multitasking with Picture in Picture - Watch CNBC TV while browsing other apps
- Enhanced Search – Search for companies and add them to your watchlist, or view news - all in one screen
- Podcasts & Live Audio, with CarPlay – Listen to CNBC podcasts and live audio, in the app and in the car with CarPlay
As always, CNBC lets you view pre-market and after-hours trading data, including charts with customizable time frames, indicators and styles.
**Awarded Best Smartphone App (2016 SIPAwards)
Financial News & More
- Free U.S. live stream previews daily to stay informed on stock news and updates
- Live stream news with CNBC TV for up-to-the-minute market information while you’re on the go
- Watch CNBC anytime by streaming full show episodes (U.S. only) and video clips on demand
- Listen to podcasts while browsing news and stock information or while in your CarPlay supported car
Market & Business News Coverage
Get all the news you need in one app with CNBC, including:
- 24-hour coverage of global stock markets
- Top business news
- Economic analysis and official advisor opinions
- Personal finance
- And more
Market Insight & Stocks
- Create and track your favorite company stocks in real-time with custom watchlists
- Real-time stock quotes, interactive charts and customizable time frames help you make smart
- View pre-market and after-hours trading data
- Monitor Cryptocurrencies 24/7
Customized Finance Data & Alerts
- Create customized alerts by category to keep up with the latest market changes
- Edit and customize the news tab to follow topics relevant to your interests
- Customize watchlists for the stocks you follow and sync them across all iOS devices
For You Section
- Personalized recommendations based on your Watchlists and viewing habits
- News and video information for the trading and finance information that matters to you
- Text size adjustments
Download the CNBC app for up-to-the-minute news and insight today.
CNBC PRO - Start your 30-day free trial today!
- Subscribe to CNBC PRO to unlock even more content.
- Monitor live global coverage in various markets.
- Learn from advisers and experts who do it best.
- Uncover big data trends and opportunities.
- Watch by streaming live TV or full show episodes on demand (U.S. only).
- Watch our daytime shows: “Squawk Box,” “Mad Money,” “Closing Bell,” “Halftime Report,” “Power Lunch,” “Fast Money.”
CNBC Pro Prices:
$299.99 annually + 30-day free trial
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew through iTunes unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. You can manage your CNBC PRO subscription through your iTunes account.
For Market Data Terms of Service, please go to http://www.cnbc.com/market-data-terms-of-service/?%24DEVICE%24=mobile-native
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
We have more exciting changes coming soon, so keep updating the CNBC app for the latest features and improvements.
We welcome your feedback about our latest update. You can submit feedback to our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Problems on the new app design
Need a fix to use the app ipad pro because after the download it is missing the edit button for deleting a stock from a watchlist. It is there on my Iphone 8, but the Ipad pro it is not on the upper left corner as usual. Now x to close certain pages is missing on the Ipad, tho you can tap the top left corner and it seems to work most times. The same goes for videos if you stop before the end, no x appears to close them.
Positive on the new font, it makes reading easier and clearer to the eyes. Lastly news for individual stock normally contain news that has little or nothing to do with the stock, just used to fill the news area.
In addition on watch list there is no edit for individual stocks to be deleted off the list...bad design. Only have a link to add to the watch list, no delete but you can hit add cancel and get to the delete list, very very odd. Come on fix the x off buttons on ALL pages, add the delete buttons and get it right!
2/4 now if you look at one stock’s news, you get news from unrelated stocks, or any other news that is posted instead of the company that you choose, I don’t know why.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We strive to listen carefully to our customers and feedback like yours helps us to continuously improve our products and services. We will make sure that your thoughts are shared with the mobile apps team. Thanks again!
Irritating alerts, irrelevant redundant stories
Even with “Major Breaking News” as the only alert it includes topics that are NOT. On a Saturday I have now received 2 alerts about Epstein committing suicide in jail. To me, this is not “Major Breaking News” and certainly not worth 2 alerts on a weekend. They do the same thing to announce tweets by various people as well as other items that are not major. They really need another classification for these that can be disabled.
It would be nice to be able to configure an alert if an index moved a certain %.
Is there a way to receive an alert on a stock in a watch list?
As other reviews have pointed out, the same story will also be duplicated throughout various sections. They really need to filter out the dupes.
It would also be great to have the option to disable the images both in the story preview list and the article itself (sorry Getty, but the stock photos of traders either shouting or pouting are just pointless).
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to listen carefully to our audience, and feedback like yours help us continuously improve our service and products. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any additional comments or questions by going to Settings -> Contact Us in your app.
While there’s always an adjustment period as I learn my way around a new version of a favorite app, I’m not sure I’m going to be able to get past the way this one displays the same articles multiple times on the first page. I liked being able to scroll through a long list of articles on a variety of topics in Top News to get an overview of the day’s happenings. Now I need to link to specific pages to see more than 4-6 articles from a broad area of interest. And of those few, a couple are always repeats from a previous section.
My other gripes: the horizontal scrolling at the top of the page for market listings is slower; there’s no way to close the window after you look at details for a stock listing from a watchlist.
All that said, I’m hoping CNBC is listening and will improve the usability of this now very attractive app. Really, usability should come first.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. As you've noticed, the way you access different news sections has changed, but we have a couple new features that might help: 1) You can select (or deselect) the news sections you're most interested in by going to Settings (gear wheel icon in upper left corner of the screen) and then selecting Edit News Section. You can also change the order that the sections appear by pressing on the three lines to the right of the section you want to move and dragging it to your preferred location. 2) You can also use the "News Section" feature that allows you to scroll and jump to the preferred section, similar to the old app. By default, this feature shows up at the top of the home screen above Top News, but you can move it anywhere you want by following the instructions in step 1) above.
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- 109.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 CNBC LLC. All Rights Reserved. A Division of NBCUniversal.
- In-App Purchases
- CNBC PRO Membership Monthly $29.99
- CNBC PRO Membership $299.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.