CNBC brings the world of Wall Street to you with breaking news alerts, watchlists, global market data, CNBC TV and Live audio. Access the power of CNBC to get the latest business, tech, finance news and more!
- Daily Live TV Free Preview – Watch a daily free preview of CNBC's live TV stream
- Personalized News Alerts – Choose alerts by category: Technology, Economy and more
- Customizable News Section – Create your own customized news feed by selecting your favorite topics, and save stories to read later
- "For You" News – Personalized recommendations based on your interests
- Quotes – More powerful interactive charts and quote data
- More Watchlists – Add up to 100 watchlists, each with up to 100 quotes
- iPad Multitasking with Picture in Picture - Watch CNBC TV while browsing other apps
- Enhanced Search – Search for companies and add them to your watchlist, or view news - all in one screen
- Podcasts & Live Audio, with CarPlay - Listen to CNBC podcasts and live audio (US only), in the app and in the car with CarPlay
CNBC lets you view pre-market and after-hours trading data, including charts with customizable time frames, indicators and styles.
Financial News & More
- Free U.S. live stream previews daily to stay informed on stock news and updates
- Live stream news with CNBC TV for up-to-the-minute market information while you’re on the go
- Watch CNBC anytime by streaming full show episodes (U.S. only) and video clips on demand
- Listen to podcasts while browsing news and stock information or while in your CarPlay supported car
Market & Business News Coverage
Get all the news you need in one app with CNBC, including:
- 24-hour coverage of global stock markets
- Top business news
- Economic analysis and official advisor opinions
- Personal finance
- And more
Market Insight & Stocks
- Create and track your favorite company stocks in real-time with custom watchlists
- Real-time stock quotes, interactive charts and customizable time frames help you make smart
- View pre-market and after-hours trading data
- Monitor Cryptocurrencies 24/7
Customized Finance Data & Alerts
- Create customized alerts by category to keep up with the latest market changes
- Edit and customize the news tab to follow topics relevant to your interests
- Customize watchlists for the stocks you follow and sync them across all iOS devices
- Text size adjustments
CNBC PRO - Start your 7-day free trial today!
- Subscribe to CNBC PRO to unlock even more content
- Monitor live global coverage in various markets
- Learn from advisers and experts who do it best
- Uncover big data trends and opportunities
- Watch by streaming live TV or full show episodes on demand (U.S. only)
- Watch our daytime shows: “Squawk Box,” “Mad Money,” “Closing Bell,” “Halftime Report,” “Power Lunch,” “Fast Money”
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew through iTunes unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. You can manage your CNBC PRO subscription through your iTunes account.
For Market Data Terms of Service, please go to http://www.cnbc.com/market-data-terms-of-service/?%24DEVICE%24=mobile-native
For Do Not Sell My Personal Information, please go to https://www.nbcuniversal.com/privacy/notrtoo?intake=CNBC
California Notice link: https://www.nbcuniversal.com/privacy/california-consumer-privacy-act?intake=CNBC
We welcome your feedback about our latest update at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Newest version broke what didn’t need fixing
This latest app version is a case of changing for the sake of change. The older version was near perfect. This one is very hard to navigate and use.
- This app version makes content so large it doesn’t fit the phone’s screen.
- It lumps watchlist percentage and dollar changes together (killing the separate columns)... which is visually confusing.
- It attempts to group content into categories, which are now all over the map, and redundant.
- The market tab was removed from the bottom, which used to be a cool feature, enabling the ability to pull it up or hide it on call. The new app fixes it to the top of the screen in huge font, taking up a third of the screen, with no way to hide it. And it sorts the data differently depending on time of day. Trying to make it intuitive backfires here because you can’t depend on where to find it.
- The watchlist has a bug that resorts the extended hour pricing randomly.
- The old app was great because it simply did what it was supposed to, which is critical when trading is time sensitive. This one wastes valuable seconds as you hunt did info that used to be at your fingertips.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We strive to listen carefully to our customers and feedback like yours helps us to continuously improve our products and services. We will make sure that your thoughts are shared with the mobile apps team. Thanks again!
Charts in new version are lame
The charting changed a few weeks back and it was a significant downgrade. I have used this app extensively for years. The charts were not amazing but very functional on a daily basis. The new charts, at least on my iPad, do not show the the most recent day. For awhile the small chart on the data page for a stock would show the current day but when I go to the full sized chart it is two days back??? Now even the small chart is two days back. Went to App Store and saw an update was available. Did the update. Same thing. Same style chart is used on yahoo and theirs work so come on. Also the standard deviation should use all of the data from the designated period and put a line on the chart, like it did before. A standard deviation is then a straight line and you can see where deviations in the data occur. The standard deviation now shows as a line below the chart and is apparently calculated over some unknown periods as it is not a straight line. Also can no longer select the moving averages I want I.e. 10 day 20 day etc. stuck with your choices and an envelope of unspecified numbers of days. Many other complaints but at least get it to the current day. All in all from very good to lame. If it doesn’t change I will be looking for a new app to use.
Developer Response ,
Our Customer Care team is happy to assist you with this issue. Please contact us by going to Settings ► Contact Us in your app
Poor video streaming experience
I’ve used the CNBC iPad app for about a year in the mornings to stay updated on the markets and watch the news while I get ready or go through morning routines. There is rarely a morning where I don’t spend ~5+ minutes resetting the app or re-launching the video. 1) Anytime there is a commercial, the application loses the broadcast and video stops, resulting in permanent loss of playback until the app is exited and re-launched. 2) Picture in picture is even worse, loses playback once about every 15 or 20 minutes. 3) The app cannot keep track of my TV provider credentials. It will show me logged in, then only play 10min of preview content, then ask me to login again. After a (pull down) refresh on the watch tab, the credentials are back magically but it takes -minutes- to resume playback.
-When it works- the app is overall great, but CNBC developers have a long way to go for a consistent experience with video. Happy to run betas or participate in bug reporting program as I have some experience with iOS apps several years back.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- 98.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 CNBC LLC. All Rights Reserved. A Division of NBCUniversal.
- In-App Purchases
- PRO Membership Monthly $29.99
- CNBC Pro Membership Annual $299.99
- CNBC PRO Membership Annual $299.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.