Keep track of your players' time on the field with Coach's Clock.
Designed with input from a youth soccer coach who manages multiple teams each season, Coach's Clock is a very simple application that runs on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. It keeps track of all of the players on your team, where they are supposed to be on the field, and how long they've been playing since they were last substituted into the game.
Just enter in your team name and your player roster. Drag your players on and off the field and tap the clock to start it running. Players on the field accrue elapsed time. Players off the field do not. It's that simple.
What Coach's Clock does:
* It tracks how much time has elapsed in the current play period.
* It tracks the position of every player on your team.
* It keeps track of how long each player has been on the field.
* It helps you plan player substitutions.
* It has field backgrounds for basketball, field hockey, football, hockey and soccer but it could also be used for any similar sport.
* It supports an unlimited number of teams.
* It has detailed usage instructions right inside the app.
* It's a "universal app" so one purchase is good for all your iDevices!
What it doesn't do:
* Coach's Clock doesn't force you to keep the app running throughout your game. You are free to close it, open other apps, take phone calls, or whatever you like. You only need to run it when you want to refer to it or when you need to make a change. The clocks keep time even when the app isn't running.
* Coach's Clock is not a replacement for your whiteboard or playbook. (There are plenty of other fine apps which can do that for you.)
Coach's Clock may seem like a pretty simple app, and it is! But that's the beauty of it. It doesn't try to do everything for you; instead it tries to do a few essential things very well. It doesn't try to change the way you coach your team; it just makes your job a little easier.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Bug fixes and compatibility with iOS 10.
Ratings and Reviews
simple, no frills way to manage lineups on the fly
I'll compare contrast to:
"coach wizard" and "soccer dad", big difference is that "coaches clock" lets you prep a line up on the fly then do a bulk substitution... which is ideal when you're subbing 5 kids at once. "coach wizard" and "soccer dad", while more feature rich, requires subs to be done one by one which is annoying while the game is going.
I wish it did season tabulations, and tracked other stats (like assists, goals, saves, def stops, etc,.... the other apps do that), but for me, I'll take the all-at-once substitutions over stats tracking.
Thanks for building a simple easy to use app. I coach 2 soccer teams and this has been a lifesaver, especially when I don’t have an assistant to help with clock and sub management.
Simple w/ no extras
Simple app for players and subs with time. Easy to swap players from sub to active but doesn't track position changes w/ subs . also has a log of all changes during game but not a clean report of total time in/out or any other bells or whistles. Only the basics and very simple
The developer, House Full of Games, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Steve Blanding
- 588.8 KB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Steve Blanding
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.