iRadar Takes Detection to the Cloud!
The iRadar app has been redesigned from the ground up to offer the most comprehensive protection from speed and camera enforcement threats.
• A reimagined user interface optimized to reduce driver distraction while providing highly relevant driving alerts and information
• Enhanced Map View with direction up mode, embedded traffic, night mode, and auto-zoom based on vehicle speed for an improved driving experience
• Pop-Up Alerts mirror the detector display to clearly warn of upcoming threats while simultaneously providing contextual information in the Map View
• The new CloudSource™ Platform intelligently aggregates and displays information from multiple sources, ensuring driver alerts are always relevant, timely and accurate
• Car Finder makes it easy to find your vehicle, even in the most confusing parking lots
The new app is backward compatible with all Cobra iRadar Devices. Simply log in using your existing account to revolutionize your driving experience!
Cobra iRadar App:
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Detector unit. To purchase a Cobra iRadar detector unit go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Cobra iRadar is the world’s first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. iRadar allows you to share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users! Join the millions of drivers already out on the road, sharing photo enforcement areas, police spotted locations, automatically reported radar/laser detection zones, and more! iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road. Download Cobra iRadar to see how social networking revolutionizes detection.
• Community-based alerts to upcoming ‘Police Spotted’ speed traps, accidents, work zones, road hazards, detours, and traffic jams
• Verified alerts from Defender®, the world’s largest database of red light, speed, and mobile cameras
• Integrates with compatible Cobra products to control settings and present alert information
• Great driving features including Live Traffic, Car Finder, Get Directions, Day/Night Mode, and customizable vehicle icons
Premium Features (requires in-app purchase)
• Radar Relay – patented technology that connects radar detectors so that radar/laser alert information is automatically shared among users in real time
• Posted Speed Limits displayed both in the app and on your connected detector
• Two convenient levels of subscription service – $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year
• 1 year Premium subscription included free with purchase of a compatible Cobra product
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Device. To purchase a Cobra iRadar device go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
Did you know,
• Radar detectors are legal in 49 states (only Virginia prohibits their use)
• More than 42 million drivers receive a speeding ticket in the United States each year – about one in every five drivers
• The average speeding ticket costs $150 and increases insurance premiums by $900 over a 3-year period
• The Cobra iRadar and ESCORT Live communities have combined, effectively doubling the number of users contributing radar/laser data and user reports. There is strength in numbers!
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great place improvement over previous release.
Has a lot of great features integrated into it. A lot like Waze app. The dash cam I bought seemed to have GPS built in however it doesn’t so you need theirs app to sync that data via Bluetooth to that device. Kinda weird.
My only real complaint about the app is that once you go over the speed limit, on the ‘dash screen’ , the digital speed turns from white to red. There doesn’t seem to be any place to change this freestyle, even if you turn off the ‘over speed limit’ notification.
Glad to see updates
Nice to see the upgrades to the app for my iRadar , but not sure all the upgrades actually work as their supposed to? I’ve used the lock out feature several times in the same area and yet the radar detector keeps going off in those same areas where I locked it out. Another frustrating issue is I get false alerts for train crossings and there’s no train tracks for miles! Same with ambulances/emergency vehicles, etc. for some reason every time I got to my bank and facing the building I will get a false alert for train crossing and/or ambulance approaching. It’s comical and yet annoying at the same time! Also wish there was more time to get a chance to lock out a alert. At times I can’t get to the lock out feature quick enough before it disappears
So the app/ radar detector could still use some work getting the bugs out! Hopefully those will be fixed and made better soon?
So far so good
So I was finally able to log in and use the app after it being down for over a week. And I gotta say, “looks and works much better than before. I’m liking the new format and how user friendly it is.
I do have some recommendation. While in map mode, the navigation, report and speed icons are too big, and take up too much space on the screen. They need to be smaller like the traffic and volume icons. Second, the tool bar on top needs to disappear by tapping on the screen and reappear by tapping again. Giving the user a full screen of the map without obstruction. Third, the Bluetooth icon does not need to be on the screen because there already is a “device connected” telling the user it’s on.
Good work updating it. I only gave it 3 stars because of the 3 things I mentioned should be addressed.
- Cobra Electronics Corporation
- 159.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Cobra Electronics Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Monthly $4.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Annually $49.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Quarterly $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.