iRadar Takes Detection to the Cloud!
The iRadar app has been redesigned from the ground up to offer the most comprehensive protection from speed and camera enforcement threats.
• A reimagined user interface optimized to reduce driver distraction while providing highly relevant driving alerts and information
• Enhanced Map View with direction up mode, embedded traffic, night mode, and auto-zoom based on vehicle speed for an improved driving experience
• Pop-Up Alerts mirror the detector display to clearly warn of upcoming threats while simultaneously providing contextual information in the Map View
• The new CloudSource™ Platform intelligently aggregates and displays information from multiple sources, ensuring driver alerts are always relevant, timely and accurate
• Car Finder makes it easy to find your vehicle, even in the most confusing parking lots
The new app is backward compatible with all Cobra iRadar Devices. Simply log in using your existing account to revolutionize your driving experience!
Cobra iRadar App:
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Detector unit. To purchase a Cobra iRadar detector unit go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Cobra iRadar is the world’s first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. iRadar allows you to share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users! Join the millions of drivers already out on the road, sharing photo enforcement areas, police spotted locations, automatically reported radar/laser detection zones, and more! iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road. Download Cobra iRadar to see how social networking revolutionizes detection.
• Community-based alerts to upcoming ‘Police Spotted’ speed traps, accidents, work zones, road hazards, detours, and traffic jams
• Verified alerts from Defender®, the world’s largest database of red light, speed, and mobile cameras
• Integrates with compatible Cobra products to control settings and present alert information
• Great driving features including Live Traffic, Car Finder, Get Directions, Day/Night Mode, and customizable vehicle icons
Premium Features (requires in-app purchase)
• Radar Relay – patented technology that connects radar detectors so that radar/laser alert information is automatically shared among users in real time
• Posted Speed Limits displayed both in the app and on your connected detector
• Two convenient levels of subscription service – $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year
• 1 year Premium subscription included free with purchase of a compatible Cobra product
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Device. To purchase a Cobra iRadar device go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
Did you know,
• Radar detectors are legal in 49 states (only Virginia prohibits their use)
• More than 42 million drivers receive a speeding ticket in the United States each year – about one in every five drivers
• The average speeding ticket costs $150 and increases insurance premiums by $900 over a 3-year period
• The Cobra iRadar and ESCORT Live communities have combined, effectively doubling the number of users contributing radar/laser data and user reports. There is strength in numbers!
Bug fix for overspeed limit alert not working properly
Ratings and Reviews
So far so good
So I was finally able to log in and use the app after it being down for over a week. And I gotta say, “looks and works much better than before. I’m liking the new format and how user friendly it is.
I do have some recommendation. While in map mode, the navigation, report and speed icons are too big, and take up too much space on the screen. They need to be smaller like the traffic and volume icons. Second, the tool bar on top needs to disappear by tapping on the screen and reappear by tapping again. Giving the user a full screen of the map without obstruction. Third, the Bluetooth icon does not need to be on the screen because there already is a “device connected” telling the user it’s on.
Good work updating it. I only gave it 3 stars because of the 3 things I mentioned should be addressed.
Good road tool
I don’t have a lot to say. I bought my first iRadar after being caught in a small town speed trap. Liked it enough to buy a second when the first failed. My question is, can you make this Apple CarPlay comparable? That would make it almost perfect.
Upgraded Interface, Downgraded Performance
The latest version of the app appears to have updated the user interface (iPhone X support) while downgrading the core functionalities that it provides. I feel as if my iRadar is now less adapt at identifying false threats than it was before the update. It is also more difficult to quickly discern threat information and tag a threat as true or false. The app continues to send countless notifications, sometimes hundreds per trip, and continuously notifies about stationary threats when I, myself, am stationary. The app could be substantially more useful by providing range and direction for threats and, at the very least, could learn what threats are false on the routes that I travel daily without the need for me to mark every one when that alone is an arduous task while driving.
- Cobra Electronics Corporation
- 180.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 Cobra Electronics Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Monthly $4.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Annually $49.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Quarterly $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.