iRadar Takes Detection to the Cloud!
The iRadar app has been redesigned from the ground up to offer the most comprehensive protection from speed and camera enforcement threats.
• A reimagined user interface optimized to reduce driver distraction while providing highly relevant driving alerts and information
• Enhanced Map View with direction up mode, embedded traffic, night mode, and auto-zoom based on vehicle speed for an improved driving experience
• Pop-Up Alerts mirror the detector display to clearly warn of upcoming threats while simultaneously providing contextual information in the Map View
• The new CloudSource™ Platform intelligently aggregates and displays information from multiple sources, ensuring driver alerts are always relevant, timely and accurate
• Car Finder makes it easy to find your vehicle, even in the most confusing parking lots
The new app is backward compatible with all Cobra iRadar Devices. Simply log in using your existing account to revolutionize your driving experience!
Cobra iRadar App:
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Detector unit. To purchase a Cobra iRadar detector unit go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Cobra iRadar is the world’s first and largest community-based radar/laser/camera detection system. iRadar allows you to share and receive alerts in real time from other iRadar users! Join the millions of drivers already out on the road, sharing photo enforcement areas, police spotted locations, automatically reported radar/laser detection zones, and more! iRadar users are the smartest and most aware drivers on the road. Download Cobra iRadar to see how social networking revolutionizes detection.
• Community-based alerts to upcoming ‘Police Spotted’ speed traps, accidents, work zones, road hazards, detours, and traffic jams
• Verified alerts from Defender®, the world’s largest database of red light, speed, and mobile cameras
• Integrates with compatible Cobra products to control settings and present alert information
• Great driving features including Live Traffic, Car Finder, Get Directions, Day/Night Mode, and customizable vehicle icons
Premium Features (requires in-app purchase)
• Radar Relay – patented technology that connects radar detectors so that radar/laser alert information is automatically shared among users in real time
• Posted Speed Limits displayed both in the app and on your connected detector
• Two convenient levels of subscription service – $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year
• 1 year Premium subscription included free with purchase of a compatible Cobra product
*Note: Certain functionalities of this app are only available when linked to a Cobra iRadar Device. To purchase a Cobra iRadar device go to www.cobrairadar.com or enter the store page on the app.
Did you know,
• Radar detectors are legal in 49 states (only Virginia prohibits their use)
• More than 42 million drivers receive a speeding ticket in the United States each year – about one in every five drivers
• The average speeding ticket costs $150 and increases insurance premiums by $900 over a 3-year period
• The Cobra iRadar and ESCORT Live communities have combined, effectively doubling the number of users contributing radar/laser data and user reports. There is strength in numbers!
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
APP update failed 28 Apr 15
Same as every one else updated app 4.1 on 28 Apr and HELLO Black screen. Tried serveral ways of contacting Cobra. Finnally got thru by sending a message on their web site on the 30th of Apr. I heard back 6 May in the evening -new update posted 4.1.1 and APP works again. Just felt left out in the wind a little bit. Cobra needs to work on keeping people posted when things like this happen. I only owned this system for less than a year. My family has several of these units and compared to the escort it is the better deal and better features in my opinion. Glad it works again. Really is a good deal.
29 Nov 2020
Still have my unit and it still works. Wish it was updateable, due to false alerts from newer vehicles with that crash avoidance system. I would buy an newer version if it was offered for the remote mounting S120EU. But I do not see one offered.
Needs an update badly
This app is badly outdated. No routing function so you have to switch between Google Maps and iRadar. They use an old low resolution format so when an alert comes up you can barely see the map. There are no instructions to indicate how the buttons to mark items work. Also does not base community alerts on the road you are traveling on, so you get lots of alerts from adjacent or crossing roads, including on the highway where this is distracting and dangerous - had to turn off red light canera alerts for this reason. Does not measure speed or speed limit accurately - kept getting over speed limit alerts on the highway when traveling below my speed threshold - system thinks the speed limit suddenly jumps to 35 on a 65 mph interstate - had to turn off that feature, too. About the only thing that works well is that it has the locations of the ubiquitous speed cameras in NYC. Connects to my i480 fine, though will not auto adjust sensitivity for speed and there should be controls for the detector built into the app such as mute. Good idea, weak execution and badly in need of upgrades.
Great place improvement over previous release.
Has a lot of great features integrated into it. A lot like Waze app. The dash cam I bought seemed to have GPS built in however it doesn’t so you need theirs app to sync that data via Bluetooth to that device. Kinda weird.
My only real complaint about the app is that once you go over the speed limit, on the ‘dash screen’ , the digital speed turns from white to red. There doesn’t seem to be any place to change this freestyle, even if you turn off the ‘over speed limit’ notification.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cobra Electronics Corporation
- 159.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Cobra Electronics Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Monthly $4.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Annually $49.99
- Cobra iRadar Threat Center Quarterly $13.99
- AURA Live Annually $29.99
- AURA Live Monthly $2.99
- AURA Live Quarterly $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.