A free mobile app for girls participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program through ABC Bakers. To use this app, Girl Scouts must have a valid username and password on Smart Cookies, available exclusively at abcsmartcookies.com.
Smart Cookies Mobile allows girls to sell Girl Scout Cookies and track sale progress right from their mobile device!
ABC Bakers is an original licensed baker of Girl Scout Cookies.
- Girls can set and track goals
- Take and manage cookie orders
- See a summary of orders and item totals
- View nutritional information with product images
- Track order payment and delivery status
- Email confirmations automatically sent to customers upon new order or updates of order
- View recognitions, identify level achieved, track sales needed for the next level and celebrate recognition achievement along the way
- Automatically sync with their online Smart Cookies information (available at abcsmartcookies.com)
- Take Booth Credit Card Payment
- View Booth Credit Card Payments
ABC Bakers logo change
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Major Fix
This is not user friendly at all. It does not give you accurate totals of boxes sold. It only totals what is transferred to the girls the what is sold at booths. It fines not include keyed in orders. And that’s another thing. How is it we can edit anything in the app?! I decided I did not want to key orders in and now it won’t let me delete them. I am a co leader so I tried to go through our leader side of it and there is no option to edit girls orders. Called tech support and that was a waist of time cause it was someone from India that I could hardly understand. At least with the old version we could edit what we as parents enter or make any changes.
Worst App Ever
Where do I start? This app is so bad in so many ways.
1. When you upload a profile picture, it stretches and distorts it.
2. When you take an order, it forces you to enter an email address. No one ordering cookies wants to give out their email addresses and get spammed. You can get around this by entering a fake email address, but it is an extra, unnecessary step for the girl taking the order.
3. The process for taking credit cards is horrible and cumbersome. You have to mark an order as delivered and pays before you can enter the credit card information.
4. The total sold on the dashboard only includes direct ship orders, not manually entered orders.
5. If someone orders cookies to be shipped directly to them via the shareable link, the app does not tell you who ordered them, so there is no way to thank the person.
6. The app does not provide a way to keep track of what inventory you have. This would be very easy to do.
There is probably more I could think of, but overall, the app is so clunky and buggy, they should not have released it. Very little has changed since last year’s sucky app. They had a whole year to work on it.
Worse than before
The revamp on this app has made it less friendly than before. It used to be very user friendly. Before it resembled an app now it’s no more than a shortcut to a mobile website. You could also get a summary of your orders for reporting to your cookie manager. Now not only do you not have that feature it’s not as user friendly as it was. Also I have to log In Every time where as before it kept me logged in so it was very fast and convenient to take orders. While it’s nice that it saves your contacts to your list it’s more trouble than it’s worth. We entered an order 3 times before figuring out that if they were entered last year then they are already in your contacts and you can’t select “add to contacts” or it won’t save the order.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.