Remember Mastermind™ good old time ? The pride of breaking the code with a mix of cleverness and logic ?
Code Guess™ is the next generation of code-breaking game, with a very smooth gameplay, nice retina graphics, and full of mind-breaking innovations.
The written reviews worldwide are all excellent with a 4.65 stars average.
Why such a popularity ? Because Code Guess is clearly outstanding thanks to its unique feature set:
STUNNING RETINA GRAPHICS:
- Marvelous Ludovic Avot's retina graphics
- Real peg feeling: each displayed peg can be taken to compose the new guess, and be permuted easily as a real peg.
- The 'Trashcan', an exclusive feature allowing to dim all the pegs of a given color to ease the code solving.
- The indication of the remaining number of solutions, which trigger reflexion when only one solution is left.
- The 'Classic' Mode: start your play from an empty board.
- The exclusive 'Quiz' Mode, with an infinite number of plays and 3 different levels of difficulty. From the automatically generated guesses, only one solution is remaining: will you be quick enough to discover it ?
- The 2-Players 'Code Fight' standard mode: The Code Setter sets the code, then the Code Breaker try to discover it.
- The 2-Players 'Code Fight' expert mode: In this exclusive game, the Code Setter does not set the code, but progressively defines it by selecting the answer of each guess among the possible ones: no luck here - only brain power will allow the Code Breaker to find the final remaining code.
- The 'Help', an exclusive contextual help which depends of your guess:
* If your guess contains less than 4 pegs, it will highlight one or more previous answers and hint you that based on these answers, an highlighted color shall be added or removed, or point you an issue meaning that this partial guess color set is not possible.
* If your guess contains 4 pegs, then it will check the matching of this guess with the previous answers.
- The 'Teacher', an exclusive gameplay analysis tool showing the optimal guesses and the solution set partitions.
And many other nice features:
- English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, Hungarian(80%)
- 6 input colors (Code Guess)
- Geometric pegs for color-blind (new !)
- Nice music from Jean-Charles Acquaviva
- Game Center with challenges and world ranking. Moreover, each of the 5 players account can be associated with its dedicated Game Center account.
- A 'Zen Mode' to play quietly.
Do not wait: this game is the best way to exercise your mind in a Zen or Challenging mode !
The Code Guess team:
Xavier Lasne (Coding)
Ludovic Avot (Graphic Design).
Jean-Charles Acquaviva (Music)
- IOS 11 support
- Introduction of in-app purchase, allowing you to overcome the limit of 3 winning games per day. Unlocking the game allows playing unlimited games.
- This application has no advertising.
Ratings and Reviews
A Favorite Pastime
A fun little brain challenge for passing time. Used to play the real one with my siblings growing up. As someone else has mentioned, would probably help players to understand the logic and stats behind 'best moves' for solutions ... or the 'why' of hints. Those enhancements would raise the rating to 5 ⭐️s for me.
Aug 2018 Update: The app updates say the game is compatible with iOS 11 but Apple says it's not. I have been waiting for my favorite apps to be compatible before I upgrade to iOS 11. With iOS 12 breathing down our necks, it would seem that I will have a hard decision to make. How very sad!
This game has everything you need to play Mastermind. Simple, intuitive interface. For the developer: It would be nice if the timer didn't start until you hit the first "reveal" button rather than the moment you place the first color marker but that's a nitpick. Also, after playing a few hundred games it gets hard to be in your own top 30 - it would be nice to have your score as a percentile, as in "you score in the top 5%" even though you might have taken 45 seconds for a solution.
Needs Verbose Mode
I'd pay $50 for this game if a verbose mode was available in the clues section. Then we could step through the logic behind choosing the next guess (instead of just seeing the recommended next guess), maybe even learn some heuristics, techniques.
I was getting stuck - just using clues most of the time, then found some techniques on the web that helped. Wish the game had it integrated more than it is.
- XL Software Solutions
- 23.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 XL Software Solutions
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited games $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.