CodeBox is a feature-rich code snippet manager for developers and designers with an intuitive user interface. Save your time and efforts by utilizing CodeBox to collect and reuse snippets of code. With CodeBar enabled, you have a full-featured searchable snippet library right in the menu bar!
• Import snippets from Finder, from Clipboard and from the other snippet managers
• Keep many pieces of the same receipt in one snippet i.e. “index.html”, “script.js” and “styles.css”
• Manage your snippet libraries using Tags, Folders, Groups, Smart Groups and Assets
• CodeBar helper app resided in the menu bar allows you to explore and use snippet library documents
• Define variable __placeholders__ to edit them before using
• CodeBar allows you to Edit, Copy or Paste snippets into an active application right from the menu bar
• Enable text expander by defining a snippet abbreviation@ and then unwrap it in any app
• CodeBox can sync between macs via Dropbox, FTP or any other mountable volume
• Share your snippets and assets to the most popular social coding services Gist and Snipplr
• Drag and drop a custom .tmTheme into the code editor to change highlighting colors
• Find out more on the CodeBox official website…
• Minimalist view with a plain text in the table of snippets
• Improved tooltips for the CodeBar menu items
• Remembering the last used external editor for each file type
• Fixed text expander in some apps
• Other improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Dashes Right Past Dash!
This is easily the best snippet app I’ve found. The functionality is top-notch, and the user interface is fast and well-conceived. It appears to not have been updated in a long time, and the lack of Swift syntax highlighting is the only reason I’m not giving CodeBox 5 stars. It was well worth $9.99, but I suspect the author would realize more revenue from a price point that’s more in line with the competition. That said, there’s really no reason to look any further.
Great app, but extremely buggy
Update: Abandonded. This app hasn’t been updated since 2012! Do not buy it!
I really like this app, but it has a number of bugs that interrupt workflow and make it frustrating to use at times. In the latest version, snippets are expanded without me hitting 'tab', so I keep getting unwanted expansions as I type. Also, I can't just click on tabs without highlighting all of them. You have to click right on the edge of the tab to select. I'm also unable to search all my snippets in the snippet column, if the tag list is showing in the far left column. I have to first change to the folder view, select all snippets again and then conduct a search. Finally, everytime I launch the app, it forgets my menubar setting. Every time I have to open prefernces to turn it back on.
Lots of potential in this app, but some of the bugs have got to be worked out.
App needs attention 7 years after last update
CodeBox has a solid feature set, but with 7 years since the last update, it really needs some attention from its developers. One very annoying aspect: If you try to keep your snippets synced by keeping the snippet folder in Dropbox, every time you add or edit a snippet on one machine, on all your other machines CodeBox will launch with an *empty* library. You have to close the window, and open an (re!)select your library in Dropbox to get your library back (now with the updates made elsewhere). It's been like this for *years*. Come on, devs, give CodeBox some love! I'm getting ready to abandon ship—it's dangerous to invest time in a library for an app that appears abandoned.
The developer, Vadim Shpakovski, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vadim Shpakovski
- 1.4 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.6.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2011, 2012 Shpakovski
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.